where did you put your after market lights?

YuriSouder

I have a yj and am thinking about some nice lights but cant decide where to put them on the jeep.:?|:?|:?| i have not boughten any yet and just want some input. So what kind of lights do you have and where did you put them?????
IMG_0524.jpg

I got some that were square (matching the head lights) I didnt have any room on the bumper so I put em on the fenders. Looks good. Not many people have em there and they look good matching with the head lights.

i would go with the KC's i have four on my YJ two on the front bumper and two more mounted each side of the windshield.

I personally think they look cool on a light bar above the windshield, however, I'd be mad if I spent $$$ and then had them ripped off on a low clearance point. I am agreeing with Konvicted on this one.

I have my KC's on my front bumper but my brother had his mounted on top of his windshield and midway up his windshield. He didn't like them being located on the top because he said it added even more drag on his jeep on the highway.

I think KC makes a light bar that is low profile but the lights are smaller and is prolly more expensive.

Pick a spot.

Attachments

• CIMG0902.jpg
    CIMG0902.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 138

]That is awesome!!!!! i think i am going to copy you on the 2 in the front for sure but i kinda like the lights on either side of the windshield like this picture of my buddys tj.
n570196174_1381006_9359.jpg

Just FYI - I have mine on my windshield just like the yellow TJ and the glare from the hood at night is annoying as h3ll! I'd have mounted mine on the bumper if I were doing it over.

I have the SRC bumper like the yeller TJ above and I mounted the two existing fog lamps on the ends of the bumper where there be holes and mounted two off road lights on the top of the loop where there be two more holes. Worked out great, didn't even have to disconnect the two fog lights but I did have to drill a couple holes to run the other two wires to the battery. I'll see if I have a pic when I get home.

Just FYI - I have mine on my windshield just like the yellow TJ and the glare from the hood at night is annoying as h3ll! I'd have mounted mine on the bumper if I were doing it over.

My brother said the same thing about his on his windshield.

I have mine on the hinges and don't suffer from any hood glare. Maybe cause my jeep is black? Dunno, but I could probably use them more on road if they were on the bumper... but I like them high for the trail though.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 142
Back