will a 4" lift be enough?

Mudjunky

Ok guys I have a question I have a '98 sahara with a 4" rough country lift and 33's I just bout a set of 35's on 15x10 wheels will they fit???

Yes........... after you cut out every bit of your wheel wells you have and install 2 inch wheel spacers so you can turn. Heck you could stuff 37's with enough saws all blades.

No you are going to need at least 6 inches of lift and you will still have to get wheel spacers or a set of rims with some extreme back spacing.

Yes they'll generally fit but they'll rub if you take it offroad. Make sure you have plenty of extra bumpstop length to keep the tires out of the fenders. A 1" body lift will help with clearance.

The rims should fit depending on backspacing, as with too much backspacing they could rub the spring buckets and the lower control arms.

Yes........... after you cut out every bit of your wheel wells you have and install 2 inch wheel spacers so you can turn. Heck you could stuff 37's with enough saws all blades.

No you are going to need at least 6 inches of lift and you will still have to get wheel spacers or a set of rims with some extreme back spacing.

haha I like the first choice :lol:

depends on your planned usage,i am running a 2.5 inch susp lift and 2 inch body lift 35x13.50x15 tires on 15x8 rims and 3.25 backspace tires rub on frame and lower control arms off road, can somtimes catch the front sway bar as well can run 38s on the pavement as long as i dont turn full lock on the steering

Ok guys I have a question I have a '98 sahara with a 4" rough country lift and 33's I just bout a set of 35's on 15x10 wheels will they fit???

Maybe you should've asked this question BEFORE you bought the wheels and tires? :lol:

But anyway, yeah, they'll fit but you might have some rubbing issues when you're flexing the suspension off road, depending on the offset.

Ok thanks fellas gonna try it out tomorrow night thanks for all the help!! I do have another question though if they don't fit could I put a 2" spring spacer lift on top of my 4"?

You can but that's too much combined spring/spacer height for a short-arm designed lift. Simply put, the control arms are too steep and lead to very poor suspension performance onroad and off.

Adjustable control arms won't help, you would need a long-arm suspension setup for that kind of spring/spacer height.

Keep your center of gravity low, consider trimming fenders and a small body lift to accomplish the tire clearance.

Just gonna let y'all know I got the 35's with 15x10 wheels on my jeep no rubbing!! Even at full turn! Haven't really flexed it much but I did get it stuck in the mud!!!

Back