XJ AC

jay79cj7

I've got good system pressure and the compressor is running. The evap cannister and return line are nice and cold. The air blowing on the inside is not very cold, not at all like it used to be. I don't have any crazy expectations of ice-cold AC, I just would like to not sweat too much on the way to work when I don't drive the CJ.

Besides having problems with the doors inside the unit (like Katelynn just posted), what should I check out? I don't think its a door issue because I can adjust the temp warmer with the temp knob, which tells me that door is moving. It just doesn't get too cold.

Jay
Try this.
Find the heater hoses going into the heater core. Take a pair of vise grips and pinch off the lines leading into the heater core. This will stop the flow of hot water going into the heater core. If you stop the flow of hot water and the vent temps go down and get cooler, you know that you have a blend door or similar problem, You might want to just install a valve in the line and be able to turn it off for the summer and back on in the fall.

hmm interesting.. I have the same issue.. i checked this morning and i have condesation pouring off the line into the firewall and the return line is room temp. The evap canister wasnt cool but the line was ice cold.

Hi,

jay79cj7 said:
I've got good system pressure and the compressor is running. The evap cannister and return line are nice and cold.

Can you define "good" system pressure? The A/C system is designed to run at a specific pressure for optimal results. If the pressure goes to high or too low, it'll still run, but likely not as cold as it should.

graewulf said:
hmm interesting.. I have the same issue.. i checked this morning and i have condesation pouring off the line into the firewall and the return line is room temp.

Sounds normal to me. The cold line going into the firewall is the low-pressure line to the compressor which should get very cold. I'm guessing the other line you're talking about is the one going between the firewall and the condensor? That one should be warm.

-Nick :!:

Back