xj starts the dies

desertrunner

93 xj starts up and the moment it starts it dies. I previously replaced the map sensor, tps, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, dist.cap and rotor, spark plugs, Cleaned the iac, and have been running injector cleaner through the fuel system. Today I replaced all clutch components dues to an obliterated idler bearing and a leaky slave. And got it back together. Then I drove it around for several miles. I got back in it and was driving when the power started getting pretty weak. At higher rpms the power dropped dramatically out of nowhere. I got it home and let it air for a few hours and now when I go to start it it just dies right away. I'm tired of putting parts in this thing. I need it to run

I've read a little about the auto shut down relay.. what makes this trip?

dont know about the shut down relay but thought it had a reset button and thought you had to push the button before restart but that is the fuel shut off switch in case of accident,,but it does sound fuel related , I dont know how long it set before you bought the jeep but if it was for any period of time and the age of it leads me to fuel pump and or tank is dirty and clogging gas flow ,,is there any codes that it is showing would be something to check .

Back