YJ TRAILER PICS

jeepfan555

new to forum, could use advice

So I talked about it a month or so ago that I was going to be making a trailer out of my totalled YJ. Well I did it. I'm not done yet but it is registered now and has plates. I still need to close in the front and put a plateform on the front but I figured that you guys wanted to see it.
Here is a link for additional pics.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2087152/1

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Nice....
Have you thought about getting some of those weld in rear corners for a Jeep. Last I saw they were $15 a piece or something cheap like that. You could put those on the front side with another tailgate and have her open from both sides. Maybe even hang your spare on the tailgate over the tongue.
The rollbar is killer also. You gonna put the back seat in and give rides in that thing?

That is so sweet! If you take it wheeling you can keep your spare axle in axles on the trailer. Heck you would have a complete axle whith brakes too! I have but one question. What did you do with the front end?

RE: Finally!!

That's just too cool, dude! Heck, I like the idea of putting the seat back in and taking people wheeling in it! They might get a little dirty, but dang it'd be fun back there!!!

RE: AT Tires

Wow, that's cool... Never thought about keepin the roll bar on there. Why not keep the spare on the back door of the trailor like stock? Then you can use the extra space on the tounge for a cooler full of... juice.

jacking points

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. I actually put the spare on it just not in that pic. The rear corner with tailgate is def. something I am looking in to. Steel is so damn expensive that they want $180 for the sheet to do the front and the platform. I am planning on putting a cooler or a storage box on the fron section and then maybe some racks to hook on the roll bar. I also was thinking of putting some sort of swing out BBQ grill. I have too many ideas. The front section of the jeep was totalled that is why I did it. I took all the scraps to a steel place and sold it. The best part about this trailer is it cost me aroun $60 to make and that includes the registration and inspection.

you could pos. find a storage box to close in the front end and just weld on some "wings" to blend it into the body... and as for the tongue - depending on the thickness you want - think about buying a roof off a junk car and using the steel from that to cover it... just a thought....

RE: Re: RE: Re: I got hit..... and he ran!

Maybe this will give you a few ideas:
Trailer2-6.jpg

RE: PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for the ideas guys, I had my NEJ BBQ this weekend and got some great idea from taking it through the trails. I am going to get a large storage unit for the front and then a BBQ infront of that.

RE: Re: RE: Aging Jeep- For 2000 and up jeep owners

The engine hoods from certain older vehicles are good (relatively inexpensive) sources of automotive grade and more or less flat sheet metal.

Older Dodge Ram(s), for example.

Regards,

Gadget

RE: stalling problem, mechanics can

Just wanted to chime in and say nice job! I agree BBQ and smoker. Hell, maybe a whole pit. OR multi-kegs and taps installed on the side of the trailer.

Re: RE: bent driveshaft + highway driving = bye bye transfer

Mike, Throw the pics of people getting rides!

Here is from the BBQ on Sat. for NEJ. I wish I had some of actually wheelin' it. It was a great time and it did pretty good.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Back