Few ?'s about cj parts fitting a dj5d...

Kshorey

Hi guys...newb to the forum...I picked up a DJ5D a few Sundays ago, i used to own an 06 sport, but wrecked it in an ice storm .... But just picked up a 76DJ5D with a semi-homemade CJ tub, rebuilt straight 6 and original 727transmission, 2x4 right now. Grabbed it for $300 so couldn't refuse. So long story short just curious if any and what parts will fit from a cj or other models... Modification is fine, I do have good mechanical skills and can weld n cut n grind with out a problem....any help or suggestions would be great....and right now it has outboard soa rear spring set up and shocks are inboard...does anyone see any issues what making the springs on board and the shocks outboard....keeping soa...besides axle-wrapping, and not worried about that, as she's not gonna see any heavy off-roading. Again any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hey ! Welcome to the forum. The administrator and moderate will welcome you soonest ! There are some posts from 5/4/13 regarding this question , Use the forum search to find them in the CJ YJ TJ JK section using your name(kshorey). The members posted helpful info that will be a good start , I found it very interesting too. What a great idea to build a CJ from a mail jeep chassis ! Hopefully they are still in good shape and can be bought cheap , maybe, but a good start for anyone . Good luck with your project , greg92jeepxj(member).

Keeping the shocks inside the frame will allow the suspension to flex much more off road, BUT for on road it will make the jeep feel more unstable and have more body roll around corners. I would put them outside the frame if you could especialy since your not going to do a lot of off roading anyway, it would be safer for on road driveing. This is my personal opinion and may not be fact.

I could hook you up with about any part for your dj

Keeping the shocks inside the frame will allow the suspension to flex much more off road, BUT for on road it will make the jeep feel more unstable and have more body roll around corners. I would put them outside the frame if you could especialy since your not going to do a lot of off roading anyway, it would be safer for on road driveing. This is my personal opinion and may not be fact.
Thanks, yea that's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming, makes sense as far as stability goes :)

I could hook you up with about any part for your dj

Awesome...not sure what I need yet...besides new rear springs and tires...stock springs are beyond flat and starting to bend towards the ground a little...but I think they came as flat Springs to begin with...I think...would you be able to ship...i have paypal....as I'm on the east coast in Massachusetts...and when I'm ready to order do you have a set of rear 2 1/2" eye to eye 42" springs...looking for about 44-maybe 46ish" long spring..should give about 1" to an 1 1/2" lift I believe...again thanks!!

Back