good little cherokee!! problem solved!!

AKASHAJEEP

well I got about half way out of my driveway this morning to go and get the O2 sensor ordered in) and it just dies on me. hesitated for a fraction of a sec and then completly cut out. and to top it all of it would NOT start again after that.
I swear it is one thing after another with this jeep!!

Hi,

If it cut out instantly (like an electrical problem), I'd first check the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS). It is located near the top driver's side of the transmission bell housing and can/will cause the vehicle to stall and/or not start if the computer looses its signal.

-Nick :!:

Drain Plug for NP 231

You said " damn this Cherokee!!"

I say, " I damn thee!"

(If you have never watched the movie "The Jerk" that will not be funny)

Snitty and Nick gave great advice, do you have or know anyone with a scanner? Have you gotten it to run yet?

Don't get too down on the brand, all vehicles can be a pain sometimes, when I first got my XJ, I had to work through some electrical problems, but now I would'nt have any other 4x4, well maybe a military H1...

well I found out a little something about the O2 sensor today. seems as though when we did the lift, we didnt put the little bracket back up that holds the O2 wires in it. so as a result the metal clamp that covers the yoke shaft chewed it up. litterally!! one wire wasnt even connected,k while tow others were touching and the other was completly bare. ok so i got all that fixed and the bracket back where it is souposed to go and all but I still cant get her to start. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I checked the cps with a dmm and read ok. also pulled it out and looks fine. I have checked for fuel and its there. checked for spark and its there. (ouch) :curly hair: so what else?
kick the tires? yep done that too!! LOL

BTW no I didnt see that movie. previews were exactly something that i wanted to see.
and yes I know that it isnt brand specific. it is ALL NEWER CARS IN GENERAL!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
ok I figured out exactly what happened!!
with the lift installed I forgot to mount the little bracket that holds the O2 wires back on the underside of the body. so this whole time that wire has been rubbing on the metal band for the boot that covers the yoke. I guess finally the wires had enough and decided to touch each other. causing a short in the system, and killing the motor. once i had the wires put back together and mounted correctly I still couldnt get her to start, reason being the fuse that connects the ignition coil, feild injectors a few other things and above all the O2 sensor, blew. well without a coil the motor isnt going to start!! LOL.
I know I checked the spark and could have swore that I seen sparking from the plugs, but, I guess not. just not possible. no coil=no spark!!

well after another quick run to the auto part store i put the mini maxi 30amp fuse back in and guess what she fired right up!!

problem solved!! and instead of it costing $80 it only cost me $10. and a lesson learned the hard way!!

I would just like to thank all that were involved with the dia of the jeep.

AKASHAJEEP said:
and yes I know that it isnt brand specific. it is ALL NEWER CARS IN GENERAL!!!!

You are correct. It isn't helping that auto manufacturers are beginning to use extremely complex computer/electrical systems in their vehicles (such as GM's Genisys system). The complexity brings with it expensive components which are less reliable and harder to repair. :(

-Nick :!:

Back