Buying a 1999 XJ ... Needing lift suggestions

FiCJeep

RE: Weeeee Are The Champions...

I'm not new to Jeeps or Cherokees for that matter but when i get the money together I want to regear and add a 4.5" lift to my new Cherokee. Just wondering what the best brand for the money and ride as it is going to be a light 4wheeling rig and mostly on highway. I have a strict trail rig being built right now. but its always nice to have another play toy when you want it. It is a 99 XJ 4.O 5spd.

I have done a 3" procomp lift on a 1994 XJ and didnt care for the stiffness on the ride. so what lift ........ been thinking about Rubicon Express with some Rancho shocks. So what do you all suggest.

Thanks FiC

RE: 50,000 post

ProComp is notoriously stiff, as well as Rancho shocks. Get the Doetsch-Tech 3000 shocks from RE if you decide on the RE lift. Or check out www.rustysoffroad.com for nice affordable lift kits.

This Weekend@Super Lift ORV Park

I would suggest the RE6025 for a daily driver: http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=219 If you want to save some $$$ get the Add a leaf version: http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=218

It'll give you the full springs in the rear and DT3000 shocks with free shipping on everything. No need to upgrade to the superflex kit if it will be light offroad use. You'll have longer life out of the control arm bushings with this kit.

Good luck and post some pics!

RE: Fenders

ill get around to pics but i have to finish my YJ project before i can think of starting this.

Thanks fellas ..... Keep the ideas on different lifts comming i want the best ride available.

FiC

I've heard good things about the BDS 4.5 inch, it's a complete, all you need kit, that just came out a little while ago, haven't lifted mine yet, but I am dealing with a local shop, and they recommend that for a daily driver, and a good off-road package... Just a thought, not well versed in lifts myself...

RE: Re: RE: 1989 jeep cherokee

Well if you want "Best ride" then spend the money and get an Old Man Emu lift. Nothing else touches their ride quality. It'll cost you though. If you want larger than the 2.5" it will provide, Rocky Road Outfitters sells them with other components to make a 4" lift out of them or you could just add a front spacer/rear shackle combo to add another 1.5" for a 4.5" lift but you'll need to address other issues like control arms, trackbar, etc.

RE: Plastic or metal rocker panel guards for TJ?

lol i'll buy your old 3" lift. I'm too poor to afford a new one...

RE: Check for MUD!!!

hey FiC... glad to hear about the 99 XJ purchase. and with the 5-speed on a 4.0... what a find. looks like i won't have the only one of those around any more. i've been really pleased with my lift from rusty's, but if i was going for the best ride possible... i would have to go with the same thing twistedcopper said: the old man emu setup from Rocky Road. good luck with it... and i'll have to see it over the summer sometime (as well as the YJ once its all finished).

mujaman said:
hey FiC... glad to hear about the 99 XJ purchase. and with the 5-speed on a 4.0... what a find. looks like i won't have the only one of those around any more. i've been really pleased with my lift from rusty's, but if i was going for the best ride possible... i would have to go with the same thing twistedcopper said: the old man emu setup from Rocky Road. good luck with it... and i'll have to see it over the summer sometime (as well as the YJ once its all finished).

Personally I'd rather have RE for the price, but if OME is your choice then RRO opens up options.

Back