01 XJ issues

Jeepbug

Hey guys, I just purchased an 01 XJ Sport and I'm noticing some movement in the driveline. When I come to a stop, there seems to be a "sliding thud" (don't know how else to describe it). I'm guessing it's a broken transmission mount, but not knowing too much about the XJ's, is this an easy fix? I'm assuming I can just remove the skidplate & drop the transmission a little, but I'm used to woking on TJ's and am not sure if I will run into anything else on the XJ.

Also, is this the forum for old FSJ's? Starting to build my '72 into a crawler & have some questions.

Re: RE: Star Wars

the "all other Jeeps" part of these boards would be more geared toward your FSJ questions, but if you're really building it into a crawler, there are more helpful sites out there.

the transmission mount is a easy fix. you can peek from the sides to get a feel for how bad it is, and if it needs replacing. to replace it, support the tcase, take off the crossmember (4 bolts to the frame, 4 bolts to the mount), and then you can remove the mount!

Back