Not firing

mary71225

RE: Diamond Plate Rockers?

I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport, I have never had any problem with it starting but the other morning I went to start it and it wouldn't fire. We checked fuses, under the hood and under the glove box. We changed the coil and that didn't fix the problem. We also changed the kill switch, but that didn't help either. I don't have any way to get it to a garage and its nickle and diming me to death. Does anyone have any other ideas, I thought maybe module but I'm really hoping not, its $178 to get one and if its not that then thats money I won't get back. Any ideas of what to check or how?

RE: Coil spring conversion in YJ

Make sure it's getting gas (should hear it as you pump the throttle - from the engine compartment), and spark (pull a plug wire and see if it'll arc to the block). 3 ingredients for an internal combustion engine......gas, spark, and air. Other than that, it's got something to do with the damn computer and all the sensors involved. Sorry I can't help more.

does it crank but not start? do you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key to the on position? if these are true, you might want to consider the cps.

D44 drum brake blues

Yes, thats what another person said to replace the crank shaft sensor..So, that will be our next adventure. I love my jeep but I don't love the problems with it....After I get done this time I should have everything new on it. Two weeks ago a new radiator, the week before a new starter, the week before that new caliburs,rodors,brakes.

Back