'99 WJ Calipers, rotors, and Pads Recommendations

erthmun

Hi all,

I want to replace the calipers on my WJ. From what I've read they seem to be the root of my past 7 year brake problems, mainly constantly warped rotors.

My best guess is that I have the Teves calipers and the person that had this 99 JGC before me never took it in for the brake fix that Chrysler was supposed to do for free.

I would like to replace the entire caliper units on the front and need something that would be a direct bolt in system. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good unit ?

I also want to replace the rotors, but with all the after market gimicky garbage out there I don't want to chance some poorly made rotors going on. I wanted some Brembo rotors, but the only ones I could find were not cross slotted or drilled. Any ideas as to good rotors ?

And lastly would be Pads. I like the idea of ceramic pads but read on line somewhere that they don't really have the stopping power of the carbon metallic pads. Anyone have an idea for the right pads ?

I just picked up 4 Bilstein shocks, so I imagine my ride will improve dramatically. Want to do it all at once so any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated !

Regards all,

erthmun

Back