Fog Lights

Saleen4971

my 93 laredo came with stock fogs on top of the bumper, with H# 35W bulbs in them. now one of the bulbs is dead, and the other lens is broken. my friend gave me a set of 55W fogs, they have the same mounting mechanism, and same plugs, i jsut need to know, is it ok if i jstu swap them out? or do i have to make some other sort of modification to the light system??[addsig]

they didnt come from a jeep, and i found, only after letting my little cousin take off the fogs (mistake) that not only are the plugs different, but the moutning is different, so now i have two unusable ones, since he cut the plugs off to get it out, so now i have to try and set up the old fogs to use the 55W bulb, only one light left, but its hell to do. if you want 55W fogs, id suggest jsut going to aid or somethign and buyiong a set, tehyr REALLY easy to install[addsig]

Well, now you and your cousin have learned to look before you leap. We have all learned that the hard way.
1. Always remove the hardest bolt to get to first.
2. Label all those vaccum lines and wires when you disassemble the engine.
3. If a bolt feels like its going to break off, it will.
4. No, the guy at the auto parts store is not always right.
5. No matter how fast you do a job, your wife will ask you "how much longer".[addsig]

haha thanks, ill just hafta go about soldering the wires back together adn such, but inside the casing there was a sleeve over the red wire cinnecting directly to the lamp, shoudl i shrinkwrap it, or get some kind of thermal protective casing or something?? i dotn wanna risk any sort of fire hazards, because right now my sisters driving it, as she will be through this coming summer, adn i dotn think she woudl liek it if her car burst into flames while shes driving, any suggestions would be appreciated[addsig]

id go for 250!!!! that way you can always whine about them, you cant whine about free stuff lol maybe its the other way around....[addsig]

Back