valve spring help

blown XJ

So I was goin to order mopar springs on 5249464 Mopar Performance Valve Springs 5249464 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing remcomemded by comp cams. For the cam they are grinding for me.. the problem is i can't find the springs in stock anywhere. My 4.0l is sitting here waiting to be reassembled just need the springs to finish it up.. anyone know where I can get some? Someone have a set they are willing to sell? Or know of another spring that will work without machining the head? Don't really wanna take another trip to the machine shop unless I have to.. if I can't track down the Mopar springs what other springs should I use? I've hear z28 springs (from what year motor)
Motor specs:
Stock 93 bottom end
7102 ported and milled head (.016")
T3t4 turbo 9psi
24lb/hr injectors.. (worked fine with the renix 4l may have to go bigger with new motor and cam)
Cam specs:
Valve lift intake/ exhaust .478"
Tappet lift intake/ exhaust .252
Lobe lift intake/ exhaust .2990
Duration @ .050" intake/ exhaust .208
Intake centerline 111
Lobe separation 114
Rocker arm ratio 1.60

I am no expert on this, so my reply may not help you in anyway. I see the z28 springs recommended for lots of performance engines including mine (65 chev 327). I believe the name "z28 spring" is just a name and not specific to any year, it a type of spring they used on the 350 the Camaro and z28 used back in the late 6o,s. I believe they are aslo called beehive springs, two springs stacked inside eachother. You have a much newer engine and heads, and I have no idea what it calls for. Your cam does not seem that far off from what I have in my small block, but I don't fully understand all the numbers.
Gross valve lift- .447/.462
Tappet lift- 254/262
lobe lift- .2980/.3080
@50 duration- 210/218
center line- 107
lobe sep-111
Comp recommended valve springs 981-16 for mine, which if I remember correctly are the z28 springs

I don't know how you came up with ford mustang. I think the springs lift needs to be with in your lift range, the Mopar springs 062 you have listed are over your lift. I think the 981-16 springs or Mopars 5249464 would be good. I just seen the 464,s are the one,s you cant seem to find.

After two hours of searching with an old engine machinist I went with a set of crowler springs.. pretty close to the mopar parts thanks for the help

Back