'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Battery Cable Replacements

wgdively

Hello all! I'm new to the website and forums, but I don't really know where else to go to get the right information, so I figured I would give this a try.

I have a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8. I'm having issue with corroded battery cables (throughout, not just at the terminals) and I want to replace the. They appear to have been replaced already, so I wanted some assistance with info prior to tackling this.

So, some information from what I see: Each terminal that connects to the battery posts (positive and negative) have 2 cords coming out from the terminals/clamps. It's the type that is held in place by the 2 bolts clamping the terminal shut over the ends of both positive and both negative wires.

So, where do both of these go? Will I simply need 4 new wires (2 pos and 2 neg) to replace these, or do you think these split off elsewhere? From what I can see, it appears that one of the positive wires that is relatively short goes directly from the positive terminal/clamp directly to the top of the alternator in the top/front of the vehicle and connects directly to the alternator. I'm not sure where the other one goes...From what I've heard, it goes directly to the starter, but from what I've read, one is supposed to go to the starter and the other to a fuse box of some sort.

Also, I think the negative go directly to the block and chassis, but I'm not 100% positive here either.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! Also, would a universal set of cables from Autozone work, or is there a better way to make your own cables that would be better for the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Read more: http://www.jeepz.com/forum/jeep-ele...battery-cable-replacements.html#ixzz45j0haltT

Hello all! I'm new to the website and forums, but I don't really know where else to go to get the right information, so I figured I would give this a try.

I have a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8. I'm having issue with corroded battery cables (throughout, not just at the terminals) and I want to replace the. They appear to have been replaced already, so I wanted some assistance with info prior to tackling this.

So, some information from what I see: Each terminal that connects to the battery posts (positive and negative) have 2 cords coming out from the terminals/clamps. It's the type that is held in place by the 2 bolts clamping the terminal shut over the ends of both positive and both negative wires.

So, where do both of these go? Will I simply need 4 new wires (2 pos and 2 neg) to replace these, or do you think these split off elsewhere? From what I can see, it appears that one of the positive wires that is relatively short goes directly from the positive terminal/clamp directly to the top of the alternator in the top/front of the vehicle and connects directly to the alternator. I'm not sure where the other one goes...From what I've heard, it goes directly to the starter, but from what I've read, one is supposed to go to the starter and the other to a fuse box of some sort.

Also, I think the negative go directly to the block and chassis, but I'm not 100% positive here either.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! Also, would a universal set of cables from Autozone work, or is there a better way to make your own cables that would be better for the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Read more: http://www.jeepz.com/forum/jeep-ele...battery-cable-replacements.html#ixzz45j0haltT

Can anyone help?

Back