Grand Cherokee MY14 Front End / Engine Vibrations

dbs3167

Has anyone had any experience with significant intermittent vibrations whilst driving at around 1500 revs or less in a GCMY14? It is generally occurring after about 45 minutes driving on open road and does not occur in short - trips / city driving but has occurred once going uphill soon after starting. The problem can be managed by going into manual mode and increasing the revs to 2000-2500 to reduce / remove the vibrations. No dash warning lights come on. Mechanic has also said that no error codes are present. They are struggling to understand what the cause might be.
I have had DPF issues in the past and the symptoms feel similar, to the point where the vehicle almost stalled after an extended drive of approx 90 minutes.
Have tried doing a manual regeneration and mechanic has said he did a forced regen. Am up to 160000kms.
I'm not particularly mechanical, but any help or suggestions would be most welcomed.

Is this vibration start at 65 mph or at a specific pedal point?
Death wobble shakes the entire front end in a rather harsh manner.
The second is more of a hesitation when you depress the gas pedal to a specific point.

Is your engine temp normal?
Battery voltage normal?

Any check engine lights?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Hi, thanks for responding.
It tends to start a bit earlier than 65mph, sometimes around 40mph and is usually accompanied by a slight power loss / hesitation. I did look at some of the death wobble info but was not sure if applicable in this case. Does the wobble lead up to a point of almost stalling even when stationary after a longer drive?
Engine temp and battery indicators all say normal. No engine warning lights.

Is this vibration start at 65 mph or at a specific pedal point?
Death wobble shakes the entire front end in a rather harsh manner.
The second is more of a hesitation when you depress the gas pedal to a specific point.

Is your engine temp normal?
Battery voltage normal?

Any check engine lights?

Any knock or ping?
Almost sounds like either overheating/bad temp sender or failing CAT/O2 or fuel pump.

With no CEL i want to say an upstream O2. But id want more data. Do you have or can you borrow an OBDII reader that can monitor engine temp and O2s?

Thank you, I'll refer this to my mechanic as most of it is above my head.......;)

Any knock or ping?
Almost sounds like either overheating/bad temp sender or failing CAT/O2 or fuel pump.

With no CEL i want to say an upstream O2. But id want more data. Do you have or can you borrow an OBDII reader that can monitor engine temp and O2s?

Back