93 Grand Cherokee Limited - Stalling and now won't start

mrworkrate

I've got a 1993 Grand Cherokee Limited with 135K+ miles on it, and recently got into an accident with it. After the car was repaired, a friend of mine was driving it home, and experienced stalling and the car dying. Once I got my hands on it, later that day, there was no problem.

Now, two weeks later, I was driving down the highway around 50 MPH or so and the engine suddenly started to sputter and gave out. I managed to put the hazards on and it took a minute or two, but I got it restarted. On the way home, I noticed the sputtering when I hit the gas, so I managed to keep the gas consistant, and I didn't really have a problem.

Starting it that day and the day after took longer, but eventually turned over. Again, the same thing, with the sputtering when I hit the gas. Today, it just wouldn't turn over.

Now, by reading forums here and other places, I've seen suggestions about idle air control and the fuel pump relay, and I'm not sure what direction to go in. Any suggestions? Has anyone had similar problems?[addsig]

SOUNDS LIKE A CLASSIC CASE FOR A FUEL PUMP PROBLEM HOOK A FUEL PRESSURE GAGE ON YOUR FUEL RAIL IF IT IS AROUND O PSI REPLACE YOUR PUMP. IAC MOTORS USUALLY CAUSE A CAR TO DIE AT STOPS ONLY OR IF YOUR BATTERY IS LOW THE IAC MOTOR WILL LOOSE ITS MEMORY AND DIE AT STOPS[addsig]

Back