front door lock problems!!!!

99greenjeep

I recently had a new stereo put in my 99 cherokee and i[m not sure if that could have caused this problem. My front door locks will not lock. They won't engage with the remote or even manually. The rear door locks work fine and all of my fuses are good. I opened up the door panels and all seems to be in working order but when i put the panels back on and try to lock them...they won't lock. This problem was also accompanied with my air conditioner not working. I'm stumped and need some help!

thanks for any feedback,

dave[addsig]

immediately after you had the stereo put in? The installer could have easily pulled/disconnected the AC stuff, and depending on where the lock wiring is that to, probably by accident. If nothing worked as soon as you got in, I'd take it back to where you had to stereo put in and complain (don't do that if it happened like a day or two later though).

Sounds like you have a wiring problem to me, probably in the dash because it affects both front doors.[addsig]

It sure sounds like you have disconnected (or loose) plug somewhere. I don´t know if this will help or not, but the juice for both doors runs through the drivers side controls (at least for the windows) and if the plug on the back of the control panel (door) is loose will shut the works down. There is also often a plug behind the side wall carpeting down near where your left foot rests. Last thing to look at is in the door by the little gizmo that keeps the door open, if the wiring gets tangeled up in there it can make a real mess.[addsig]

Back