deer

rogzylla

I just tagged a deer, $5000 damage to my 91 XJ LTD.

Insurance fixed.

Has anyone hit a deer with a grille/bumper guard that they felt the guard limited the damage?

Instead of the deer damaging the limited!

rog[addsig]

5 grand!? geez... wouldn't they just call it totalled?[addsig]

DEER<--
image-missing.png

They are always jumping in front of me,those punks
image-missing.png
[addsig]

From now on.... Deer rules. When one runs in front of you, step on the gas, yes...., the gas. It will bring the front end up and possibly make you run OVER the deer. Also, if the deer hits, it will not go in the window, possibly saving your life.

Trust me on this. I hit 5 deer (two of them at 50-70 mph). And my Jeep only had to have the front bumper and grille inserts replaced twice. (Think gas pedal) [addsig]

IcyFridge - is it possible that hitting the gas is increasing your deer body count?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

heh... we should all keep score... report back in a year to tell how many deer you've taken out.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I just took one out last sunday....and i do have frontend protection....a 2 meter Meyers PLOW!!! unfortunatley it was not attached at the time. so it took out the grill, grill support, drivers side bezel, headlight, marker light, turnsignal, bumper, pushed the fender into the door, didnt have the plow on...did have the lights....not anymore though, he took them too, along with the light brackets. I would say 500 bucks (no pun intended) damage, minus paint. And that was a 220 lb 8 point male.

1989 XJ LTD.[addsig]

I agree with the gas pedal.. took out quite a few deer with my YJ.

Also unless your gonna comlpetly miss them, go for them dead on so they only get the grill and not a fender.[addsig]

After Hitting my deer and doing $4800 worth of damage to my xj I bough a brush guard. I fgured $300 was worth the extra piece of mind. Warn makes a very solid one for just under $300 with the headlight guards you can find it at 4wd.com i love mine it bolts onto the frame in four places.[addsig]

The grill guard will help keep them out of the radiator at slow speeds and is supposed to help flip them over the windshield at high speeds. But the ends have a tendancy to bend and won´t help the fenders much. Deer are bad, but wild pigs have the right of way, it´s like hitting a tree and then driving over a beer keg.[addsig]

Back