Lift kit? which brand to go with?

jaypeakrida

RE: motorcraft 2150 dual power valve

im lookin for about a 2.5"-4" lift to fit some bigger tires on my 2000 cherokee and run some light trails. any suggestions for which brand to go with? rockkrawler? rancho? rocky road outfitters? pro comp? naxja? trail master? i have no clue what's what... thanks.

RE: cherokee leaf packs

you're forgettin RUSTYS... whats the deal? thats where i went for a lift on my old jeep and wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

www.rustysoffroad.com

-nate

RE: New socks and shoes for the Jeep

i'd stay away from rock krawler too, for springs alone, they're fine, but the other products they sell leave something to be desired.

i would strongly recommend looking into rubicon express. not too expensive, and very high quality for such a big company. the only problem with rustys is that sometimes you get some lemon products as everything is made by hand either by him or one of the machine workers there, but he does stand by his products, and you shouldnt have a problem replacing it.

www.rubiconexpress.com

RE: Hello strangers

as soon as i posted the initial message i looked into rusty's. sounded like a quality option. ill look into rubicon express. thanks for your input guys.

Rusty's is a decent product. Definately a good value and a solid product. Their rear springs had a reputation for sagging but they improved them a couple years back.

Rubicon Express is very reputable. They'd be the one I shop for, but they are a bit more $$$.

Out of your list, Rock Krawler is the only one I would consider. They are known for soft spring rates which will flex great but get some firm shocks for a daily driver. If you want to add heavy bumpers/winches down the road expect them to sag.

I really can't offer an opinion on trailmaster, but I do know their XJ kits include control arm drop brackets which will make for good front end geometry and a nice ride.

Rocky road basically is an Old Man Emu lift customized by them. They add a budget boost and call it a 4" lift. If you want OME just buy an OME kit somewhere.

Rancho and Pro comp are notorious for stiff spring rates. Great if you go desert racing but other than that they'll beat you to death.

Whatever you choose, I highly recommend getting replacement rear leaf springs instead of the AAL (add-a-leaf) lift for the rear.

I'd look at the Rubicon Express. (www.RubiconExpress.com) I've had a 3.5 SuperRide and a 3.5 SuperFlex. They were both great suspensions. I had a problem with the SuperFlex kit bending my front axle, but we just moved one of the mounting holes to the center some and it fixed it. Watch out for play in the steering wheel and body roll with your lift kits. That's how my brother flipped my 95.

Re: Trade the CJ for a Rubi

You left Rubicon Express and Rusty's off of your poll :D :D :D

Rusty's is a little cheaper price, I think.

BUT, However, most 3 to 5" lifts do not address the problem of your front axle shifting towards your drivers side when you lift your rig.

you need to make sure that anything over 3", IMO, needs an adjustable drag link to recenter your front axle, also take the time to upgrade your sway bar bushings if needed. And trash your factory lower control arms.
This will help keep away the dreaded "Death Wobble" gremlin.

Back