hesitation when stepping on the gas

jaymed1998

ok guys, I have a slight problem and I am not really sure where the problem lies. For starters, its a 1995 Cherokee Sport 4.0 Auto with 130k. From what I know by the records I received it. The trans was replaced at 95k, the starter is brand new as is the gas tank, front & rear brakes, new shocks, radiator, A/C and water pump. When I first start it in the morning it runs "rough" for about 30-45 seconds, then it settles down. However, when you first step on the gas, it hesitates and almost stalls. If I take the car out at lunch it doesn't do this but if I let it sit until 5 it hesitates again. Again, this is only the first time you step on the gas, after that everything is fine. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to be worse if it's damp outside. I have a few ideas but I would like to get other opinions before I start replacing and / or tearing stuff apart. Any help is appreciated.
Jason

fs2004 anyone

Just a guess... try the ignition coil

I had the same problem with my cherokee, i tried number of things to fix this problem. first lets start with the cheapest solution

1. Fuel Injector cleaner - Does more then you'll know
2. the MAT sensor (manifold air temperature) this is located under the hood, on the drivers side its pretty much on the right side of the valve cover. it look like a bolt with 2 wires coming out of it, you must use a wrench to get it out, because of the wires you wouldnt be able to use a socket. once its out clean it with wd40/water/toothbrush, just do what it takes to get it clean.
this is what fixed my hisitation problem, i think it will for you to.
3. fuel filter
4. fuil pump

Please give feedback, this may help other people with the same problem

Back