XJ Maximum Tire Size/Bumper

KrazyJeeper

I will try and make this brief. I recently had a 3 inch suspension lift put on my XJ and I am currently running 30's. I have been told the max I could go was 31's. Is anyone else running anything bigger? Next, I have been searching the internet looking for a front bumper that I can attach a winch and light to preferably with the light guards (extensions out over the headlights) and have only found the euroguard made by genuine steel. Any help? Thanks

i put a 3" suspension lift on my '90 XJ...

rusty's offroad advertised the lift to fit 31's without rubbing, and they said i could squeeze 32's if i wanted to modify my wheel-wells.

Even 31's are tight on 3" of lift. when you add the wieght of a new bumper and winch 31's will be even tighter.

I have 31's on around 4" and I wouldn't want any less clearance.

You can cut your wheelwells and either relocate (see Mingez) your exisating flares for use TJ flares or aftermarket (rusty's, bushwhacker, etc) to better fit the 31's. I wouldn't even consider 32's on 3" of lift - especially if you plan to go offroad because they will rub like crazy.

If you want big meats on an XJ, you need to lift it up higher.

My advice on the bumpers would be Rigid ones. They are not too expensive and have one of the best mounting systems around. The website hasnt been updated for awhile but if you call up or email Terry there he will be more than helpful.

www.rigidco.com

TwistedCopper said:
Even 31's are tight on 3" of lift. when you add the wieght of a new bumper and winch 31's will be even tighter.

I have 31's on around 4" and I wouldn't want any less clearance.

Truer words were never spoken, 31's will rub slightly on a 3" if you bind and flex enough, I don't care who makes the lift

If you wan't 32" tires opt for a 4.5" or MORE!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back