Strange alarm, No power windows, wiring info needed.

orvisgal

Strange alarm, No power windows, wiring info needed.

I have a Jeep GC, Orvis Edition V8 with special upgrade towing package.

I have had some alarm issues with the SS along and along, and have had some repairs, by Jeep Dealer and a few others, but I still have issues with cranking sometimes (the darn thing thinks I'm breaking in and the only way it will crank is if I disconnect the battery for 3 min...then it resets itself and it cranks right up.)....however...this is not why I'm writing.

I have a strange alarm that has started going off in my glove box area.(Not my security alarm sounds) Anyone have any clue as to what that is all about? Goes off when I first open the door, but goes away when the door is closed.

Next question is....yesterday my Power Windows all stopped working...I looked in the driver door under the wiring cowl and I see a couple of broken wires...one of them is pink, I'm thinking one of these loose wires is probably the problem with the windows....where can I get, or does any one have, a list of the wire colors and what they control...of the wires in both the driver side door and the passenger side door.

Last edited:

Update on strange alarm....it seems to be related to the timing of the interior light delay when you open and shut the door...it sounds off until the lights go out.

More update....replaced wiring harness in driver side door....windows will now work from the drivers door, but not from the individual doors...hmmmm....also, car alarm (well at least the part with horn honking, goes off if you open the drivers door sometimes with or without the key...will let you crank the truck....but, the horn still continues to honk...way I finally got it to shut up....unlocked the passenger door with the key....hmmmm....also, no longer have that stupid buzzing in the glovebox...because ever since I opened the truck from the drivers side door with the key....I no longer have a delay for the overhead lights...that's right...now when you open a door...the lights come on inside...and when you shut the door....they have no delay...they just shut off imediately....has any one here got a clue where I should look next to solve this latest set of glitches....seems like you fix one thing and two or three more problems pop up.

Before you drive yourself batty with questions get in there and repair those boken wires, just match up the colors. Solder them together and use liquid electical tape on them,, yes liquid, any good parts store will have it. Another suggestion,, look into your trailer light plug. If you've been in water it'll be all corroded and it'll cause shorts. There's too many shared ground points in the ZJ.

Back