2000 xj stalling out while driving

HighRoller

my 2000 xj 4.0 automatic keeps stalling while im cruising down the road. engine cuts off with no apparent electronic problems, speedo radio lights etc all continue to work
but jeep wont start after. dont notice any smell of gas but seems flooded starts after 10 or 20 min of sitting.
has sufficient fuel pressure and no codes are getting sent

it all started 2 weeks ago with check engine light coming on
so i...

had a thermostat housing leak with bad thermostat - replaced
missing crank case ventilation hose -replaced pcv valve and hose
ripped O2 sensor wire underneath- reconnected wires and cleared check engine light
checked vacuum hoses visible in engine bay for leaks using soapy water
just performed tune up 5,000 miles ago (new plugs air filter etc)

keeps stalling, 5 times today making my 1hour drive a 2 hour cold wet and dangerous combo of driving and emergency parking

problem is still very intermittent seems to only happen on interstates with no breakdown lane and over steep narrow mountain passes

have a proud mechanic friend who want admit hes stumped
please help
-Nate
WTF

Crank signal. I bet its bad. Check the voltage signal to the pcm when it stalls. Im sure its bad though. Typical problem.

I did some research, this may be related to your concern.Vehicle Issue :Dies while driving Dies Under Acceleration Dies while turning | Inspect the wiring harness, located at the rear of the engine compartment, to verify if it was damaged from rubbing on the fuel injector rail;Verify vehicle complaint. If the vehicle experiences an intermittent , un-explained, dieout, review the below recommendation.
System or Component Engine Performance,Die out / Stall;Customer Concern (No DTCs);Group 18 - Vehicle Performance / Driveability;1st Gear
Recommendation: Inspect the wiring harness, located at the rear of the engine compartment, to verify if it was damaged from rubbing on the fuel injector rail A no start or driveability concern may occur if the wiring harness insulation is damaged from rubbing on the fuel injector rail located at the rear of the engine compartment.

Back