I am not a mechanic, I don't even play one on TV

mmurek

That said, I can do the small things but most repairs or mods done to my truck will be performed by a paid professional. Just bought my first jeep after many years of lusting, 2001 Cherokee. 100K miles but seems to have been handle pretty gently, goes down the road great and body and interior in great shape. My ultimate goal is a lift kit and big tires, but that is a maybe if ever dream. For now I would just like to get the suspension back to the way it was at birth or maybe a little better, I assume the years have taken a little out of it. I am thinking that shocks would be the place to start, if so any suggestions on which ones to choose? Any other things I should think about changing out? At this point all I want is something that will drive well on the highway and can handle some very minor off road, but looking to the future.

TIA
Mitch

Allot of the street jeep guys like myself swear by bilsteins. I can't speak to much on the off road style (since that's not what I do).

If you plan on lifting the Jeep, I wouldn't waste your money on shocks now. Just jump in with both feet and get a 4 inch lift or so, then you'll want some new tires.

Back