94' Cherokee won't start... Need help please

johnson7634

Hey guys, hope your having a great weekend. Well, not so much here.

I have worked and worked on my Cherokee and can't get it to start. Here is the story:

My flex plate went bad and I replaced it over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I pickec up a used flex plate from the junk yard down the street. I drive the Country version but the flex plat came from the Sport version. Does this make any difference (The numbers on the flex plate read as 516300 for the sport flex plate and 516301 for the broken flex plate on the Country.) Now before I changed the flex plate, I couldn't get the Cherokee to run for about a week. (Towed the Cherokee to my dads place to work on it).

Now I am getting spark, plenty of fuel pressure, I just changed the pickup coil in the distributor, replaced the Crank shaft position sensor, and still no start.

Jeep Cherokee 93'
Automatic, 4x4, 4.0L inline 6. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you compare the old flex plate with the replacement?. The notches on the flex plate where the CKP gets it reference for the crank position has to match, otherwise the timing will not be synchronized . When this happens, the injectors will not be pulsed by the PCM.

Back