94 cherokee

XJReaper

Well ladies and gentlemen I have come to the end of my rope. The beast is up for sale. I can't afford to keep searching for the cause of the stalling problem.
I have replaced the plugs and wires, fuel filter/ pump/ regulator, engine, transmission, t case, front seats, put a 3.5 inch lift, 33x12.50r15 falken rock country tires, electric fans, starter, alternator, radiator, flywheel sensor, rear temp sensor on back of block, thermostat and housing, serpentine belt, just did a full fluid replacement and new filters.
I can't find the cause of the stalling issue and have to have reliable transportation to work. I'm going to be that 40 year old riding a bicycle to work every morning and home after work at the welding shop. Anybody have any ideas? Cause I am giving up and putting it up for sale $1000 obo.

Sent from my [device_name] using Jeepz.com mobile app

Here are a couple of the jeep picks
7bdf4bab47ada50167c7f0fad5711052-1.jpg
85da5151592f5ebc9c26e943d3adc334-1.jpg
89c0e6545a045b152f3a0be1be4ea1f7-1.jpg
37e8715603c1fd5c75229d0bb5ba03c9-1.jpg

Describe the stalling.
Is it at idle?
Is it at temp?
Before?
On the highway?...

Dies it just shut off?
Does the radio or anything else not work when this happens?

Dies it shutter
Just shutoff
Is it seem like its
running out of gas?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

That or bad engine ground or the crank position sensor.

Remember to use OEM sensors and on a Crank sensor be sure the paper gasket is till on when you install. This is a spacer that gets scrapped off when you start the engine. Install Without it and the CKP will get damaged on the first start up and you will have the same issue again.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Also has new starter ,alternator I am not sure what's wrong with it. I just don't have the $ or time to try to hunt down the problem and replace things that don't need replacing.

Sounds like something needs to cool off. Think of something that might be overheating (or "thinks" it's overheating) like a bad coil, a bad relay, a bad sensor...

This vehicle looks highly modified. What does it have for an ignition system? What does it have for a fuel system?

RestorationRides

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

It was a bad coil after I replaced plugs wires and cap and rotor. Plus fuel pump, regulator, injectors, and map sensor. But she's running great and u will keep you all posted.

Glad to hear it!! Sometimes finding the problem can be a problem. I once had a wiring short on my ford 4x4 that was hard to find because every time I put the meter probe on the wire it completed the connection.

Last edited:
Yess sir. Glad She's running, but have to let her go. Just had a heart attack at work the other day and can't play anymore. Would love to trade for a 4x4 pick up or Subaru. Hope someone out there could trade so I know It will go to a jeeper.

Sorry to hear about your heart attack, concentrate on your health! everything else will work out.

Back