XJ Tires...

erhild

Hello...

This is my first post in the XJ forum... :-D

My wife needs new tires, and I am sick of seeing her Jeep with those crappy Goodyear RTSs... I know it's not the "right" way to do things, but since she is never gonna take the thing anywhere near the rocks and she still wants to be able to climb into it with a skirt on, I was going to put a 2 inch Tomkin block lift on it (I gotta save money to lift the YJ, ya know)... Would I be able to put 31s on it with this lift, or will I have to go with 30s??? It's a 98 XJ sport with the 4.0 AC/PS/Etc...

Thanx in advance for your input...[addsig]

You should be fine. Just don't get anything with huge lugs like Super Swampers. With proper back spacing 31X10.5's fit on the stock XJ, since you are lifting it 2" you should definatel be ok. May I recomend the Bridgestone Dueler A/T revos. They are an excellent all around tire for snow, rain, or whatever.[addsig]

Duuno about the 31's.. I put a full skyjacker lift (3in.) and 31 x 10.50 general MT's on my 96 xj and they rub pretty good at full stuff.. they actually measure out to 30 inches high so you may want to consider the 30's.[addsig]

I was looking at: Kumho Venture MTs (pretty cheap from Tirerack.com)... They have 31x10.5s for $83... But I might rethink that and get the 30x9.5s for $79...

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Kumho Venture M/Ts are an excellent tire for anything. One of my friends has them on his TJ and they go through anything without a problem (Dirt, mud, snow, rain, rain, etc.) When I lift my YJ I'm going with the Kumhos in size 31X10.5X15. And the price is great too.

TARSI[addsig]

Kuhmo's are a nice inexpensive tire. You'll only be able to fit 30" tires with 2" of lift, you'll need 3" for 31" tires. 31" tires will not fit on a stock XJ without major rubbing.[addsig]

Got the tires today... Wow, what a macho studly set of lugs on those babies... The lift is still on the way... I will post pics of before and after the job... Prolly be doing this next week or the following weekend...

Seeing these tires really feeds my desire to lift the YJ... Grrrr... :-D [addsig]

Back