YJ progress

TwistedCU

RE: i stung someone

Got a little further along on the paint. Still alot to do, but it is starting to look alot better! I'm going to use the stock wheels (15x7 Grizzleys) & tires from the XJ while trying to get it ready for inspection.

Windsheild, rear main, and valve cover are next. Found a guy to do the seal for Beer :shock:

Freshpaint-2.jpg

RE: Shackle reversal experiences....

Oh I love it when people do work for beer. Looking good man. Did you just rattle can it?

RE: Exhaust

No, no rattle can (except for priming the once surface-rusted hood). I used a roller for most of it, and a sponge brush for some :) It is Aervoe camo paint. It is pretty solid stuff and should withstand alot of abuse (I hope).

Here's what it looked like when I brought it home:
That's my oldest son, Taylor. He's sporting one of his shirts from making the all-star team :wink:
POS88YJ-1.jpg

RE: Exhaust

Wow that is a big difference. Your going to put black wheels on it eventually right?

RE: 4.2 questions

red89yj said:
oh yeah- in case youd rather drink the beer instead of giving it away-

Well I don't drink much anymore, but I plan to do both. Me & a couple of friends are going to do it at one of their garages. He's got everything including a lift. Beats doing it in my driveway or paying a shop ;)

and yes, the beer will come after the job is done :D

Re: RE: Re: RE: YJ progress

sweet- out of my friends, im the most mechanically inclined/equipped, so they are pretty much useless when it comes to workin on my rig (or theirs for that matter)

although, my buddy across the street has ample driveway space that i get to use for big projects (like the swap i just did) AND he even cleans up after me. Not a bad gig

good luck and let me know how it goes. I think i have to do mine soon and i was planning on using that link as a guide

Back