5.71 gears for the 14 bolt rear?

prariepunk

RE: Leaf Springs

Is there such a thing? I CANNOT find this gear ratio ANYWHERE, the lowest I can find is 5.13. I want to run 39"s and want the power of the 5.71! What links do you have that mght help me find the gears? HELP ME PLEASE! ! ! !

RE: front spring installation

All I found on the net for the use of 5.71 gears is in Toyota 7.8" axles...

If you can't find it, it's likely not available for that axle. Your best bet is to give somebody like Randy's Ring & Pinion or Drivetrain Direct a call.

I think you are limited to 5.13s in the 10.5" 14bolt. That's plenty though. I'd probably run 4.88s and maybe even try the 4.56s if it was just for the mud. With a decent engine under the hood it will spin those 39s just like you want them to in the mud. If you want the deeper gear, 5.13s still aren't too deep for 39s and you will be fine with whatever you choose.

Gear the diffs for the mud, since you will be running most of that in 4-high. If the diff ratio combined with the factory low range is too tall for any trail work you may need to do, then gear down the low range in the Tcase.

Well I guse you got a point there. The chart gave me the sense that any gear higher than 5's would not give me the low gear power to run the rocks? or would my V8 kind of null that thought out (the thought of not having the low gear power that is)

radiator

So with my V8, I should be able to push the 39"s no trouble? What if I want the "Lower" gears for climbing, I still do some of that! with a TH400 I should have no trouble, I'm also looking for a Dana 300 and a twin stick. Will that set-up work well?

RE: CB ????

You just don't want to get hung up on the low diff gearing thing if it's going to be a multipurpose rig. Gearing for slow speed rockcrawling you have to take into consideration different factors than when gearing for blasting through the mud. Where Bounty is gearing his Jeep for rockcrawling by going to 5.38s with his 33"(?) tires, on the flip side I had alot of luck with the FACTORY 4.10 gears and 36" tires in the mud. My YJ was alot like his as far as power and setup. It's just alot to ask from one set of gears. I think the best thing to do for a dual purpose setup is to gear the diffs for the mud and gear the Tcase for the rocks. A benefit of that is that gears that work good in the mud usually work good on the street.

Hey Junkpile, how much would it usually cost to change the low range ratio in a t-case (for the parts that is). Is it about the same as ring/pinion gears?

cj fuel tank

The Tcase gearing is alot more pricey as far as parts go.....worth it if you need it, but it costs.

the cases in trucks are easy to double, for instance a 203/208 combo, look in pirate for more info on that, they have it down pat. that might be cheaper for you and it provides better gear options

Ok, I'm going to the yards on Tuesday for a FF 14 bolt 10.5" rear axle! I hear they came in 2 sizes 63" & 67", that's measured to the. . . drums? And the 10.5" is the highth of the "Pumpkin" right? What would be a GREAT front axle to compliment the rear one? D44 or D60? I don't have a lot of money, heck I don't even have a little! I'll probably have to sell MY car to work on MY Jeep (Wife only claims it when it spoke of in a good light). I want something that will make my Jeep look great kinda bryanjeep's JEEP or what it'll look like complete. I'll settle with the 4.56 or 4.88 they came with stock. . . for right now. What should I look for and what should I LOOK OUT for? Help me to get a "winner" and not a "wiener". I know I should really get some help from this site!

You say you want to push 39's with a V8? And 5.13 isnt low enough? That thing will climb like no other!

CJ seat Bracket Assembaly?

What are you puttin it in? How wide is the front axle?

63" is just a few inches wider than a stock YJ/TJ axle, and 70" is really wide.

Back