1995 Jeep Wrangler s 2.5l...Fuel Injection or carb?

SWFL

Sorry for the newbie question...Just bought my first Wrangler and I was trying to figure out it is fuel injected or a carb...How can you tell? I was at the local Jeep dealer today picking up a bolt for my manifold and he asked which one I had...I am clueless please help!!!

Welcome to jeepz. The '95 2.5L is fuel injected, or MPFI to be exact (Multi-Port Fuel Injection).

I'm thinkin the dealer should have known a '95 is FI, they've been that way since the introduction of the 2.5L in the YJ, and with the 4.0L in '91.

You've found the right place for any question, newby or otherwise ;)

RE: lift kit installation

Thank You for the information...I am surprised the parts department guy did not know that, it was the Jeep dealership here in Fort Myers. He told me to look under the hood at the sticker and it should say something like ESI if it is fuel injected, he also said that some 95 were carburated. I am glad to hear it is fuel injected. The reason I did not have the YJ with me is that I am in the process of getting the timing chain worked on. Thanks again for the input...

Welcome to Jeepz, SWFL!! You definitely found the right place for all your Jeep questions. The guys and gals here are the greatest! I've learned a ton in the last year that I've been a member, and I'm sure you will too! Good to have you on board!

Thanks....This place is awesome! I noticed you were from Kansas...I just picked up my Jeep up last week in Kansas and drove her back to South Florida

SWFL said:
Thanks....This place is awesome! I noticed you were from Kansas...I just picked up my Jeep up last week in Kansas and drove her back to South Florida
]

Wow, long drive. I would have loved it. :D

Reminds me of when I went to 3 different parts places looking for a distributor cap and rotor for my '03 2.4L. Noone could find the parts, one guy even looked up earlier motors.......upon further inspection I discovered my Jeep has NO distributor!! The folks on here are much more helpful/knowledgeable than most parts places/stealerships.

Welcome to the "Z"!! You've come to the right place.

RE: Spontaneous Electrical Fire

I used to live in Ft. Myers, when I was in 5th and 6th grade. Lots of great memories from the islands and from around the neighborhoods. Went to St. Francis Xavier for 6th grade, 5th was some public school, don't remember the name. I sure would like to make it back down sometime.

Used to play in the Lee County Soccer league, 1st place undefeated one of the years. Okay you don't have to listen to me reminiscing any more ;)

SWFL said:

Where in Kansas did you get your Jeep? Too bad I didn't know about it then, I'd love to have met you. Not many folks here at the "Z" from Kansas, and I haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone from here yet....but I know I will someday.

Stick around now that you've found us, and keep us up to date on what you're doing with your Jeep. You won't find a better group of Jeepers than right here.

Sparky-Watts,I picked my Wrangler in KC Missouri near The Plaza, my wifes family are from Wyandot County (KCK). We flew in stayed the weekend ate some barbecue then made a 22 hour roady back to Fort Myers. It was a blast, I love partying in KC......Bounty Hunter...I live in South Fort Myers near Sanibel Island, it is a great place to live, been here now for almost 10 years. I wont be going back to Cleveland, Ohio. St Francis is a great school, I have some buddies that have kids in school there now. Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is much appreciated...

One of my great aunts has a condo on the Plaza.....we could have partied there, if you don't mind spending time with a 90 year old woman in a 3600 square foot condo!!! We went up and stayed with her one year at Thanksgiving and watched them light the Christmas lights on the Plaza from her balcony...pretty awesome!

Welcome to Jeepz "South west Florida". I'm from Winter garden, just west of Orlando. You will love it her. Bunch of good people on this site. I have also been a member of the Orlando jeep club since the beginning of the year. It’s a lot of fun. We are going off road on Sunday 20. You are welcome to join us if you want.

RE: Re: RE: Heard of this Winch?

Sparky-Watts said:
One of my great aunts has a condo on the Plaza.....we could have partied there, if you don't mind spending time with a 90 year old woman in a 3600 square foot condo!!!
3600 sq. ft., I could find some room, when we going? :lol:

Dear Aunt Zelda,

I'm coming for a visit. You know how you keep asking me to come stay for a week, so I am. Look forward to seeing you.

Love,

Sparky

PS: I'm bringing a few friends. Is there ample parking for 250 Jeeps in the parking garage?

Bounty__Hunter said:
Welcome to jeepz. The '95 2.5L is fuel injected, or MPFI to be exact (Multi-Port Fuel Injection).

I'm thinkin the dealer should have known a '95 is FI, they've been that way since the introduction of the 2.5L in the YJ, and with the 4.0L in '91.

You've found the right place for any question, newby or otherwise ;)

I'll say :roll: I can't believe the Jeep dealership has someone who thinks a 95 YJ came with a carb working on Jeeps. I think I would have to express some concerns to the service manager over that one.

Back