a sad Jeep Story

lethaldose

this was just to awful not to share with fellow jeepers ... my buddy thats in the army owned a 99 sahara loaded up he wrecked it right before going into service and never had it fixed *couldnt afford to turn it in on insurance* so he got it paid off a few months ago he was in for the 4th and told me whatever i wanted i could have off of it ... so i was pumped dana 44 trac loc 4.11's subwoofer console factory cd player , perfect interior, AC ,cruise and a 4.0 with only 60K on the clock so here i go to the body shop to get it hauled up to my house to strip, come to find out the owner of the shop had it crushed 2 weeks before i came by and didnt take anything off it all went and got smashed ... i thought i could cry thinking of all the free goodies i could have landed ... i wish i had a damn time machine :cry: :cry:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Some people are just freakin' idiots!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, that makes me wanna cry, too!!

Sounds to me like the guy made some $$$ off Jeep parts. You sure he had it crushed? If he did, he's an incredibly naive mechanic.

I was thinking the same. I have family in the salvage business, its almost unheard of to crush latemodels unless theyve been nearly completely car-B-Q'd.

yeah he's a friend of mine has done all my body work for my buddies and family and the county was getting onto him for junk cars piled up so he sent little over a hundred to the crushed which included alot of late models there was a 98 tauras with just front damage damn thing actually ran and drove around that was crushed ... i asked him why didnt he strip the axles, engine and such and said he didnt have the time to pay his workers to bother with it he had to more cars out of the shop for customers ... i just wanted to smack him with a tire iron LOL such a waste :shock:

OutOfStep said:
yeah that sucks, that D44 could have went for at least a grand, probably closer to $1500
That ain't right right there :purple:

yeah i know its crazy thats why i was hoping to land the freebie ... your cheaper to find a junked ford 9" and pay a shop to shorten it up to specs

yeah its primaritly the hassle of building an axle that keep people paying the big bucks for a stock'ish D44

well best way if somebody is going to blow a 1500 wad on a TJ 44 i'd call up currie get their rear 44 PA axle package all the goods run you little under 900 but thats you fab'n and welding your own mount tabs for a TJ and coil saddles but still ... boy i wish i had unlimited funds hahah :rolleyes:

Back