oh monitor flashing

ka041a

does anyone know why the OH monitor is flashing on the obdii of my 05 wrangler tj with the 2.4 4 cylinder. it has been like that for thousands of miles. i recently changed both O2 sensors to no avail. thank you

Go to a parts store and have them run the codes for you for free. Post them up here and we'll help you out.

i have a code scanner. when one of the monitors is flashing it means that the system is not able to test that particular component, therefore it hasn't got to the point of setting a trouble code in the computer. what i'm wondering is if anyone knows the reason why the test is not being run. on some cars,volvo for example, there are known glitches in the system which prevent certain monitors from running their respective tests. i am wondering if anyone knows why my 05 tj is having this problem. thank you

i'd like to thank everyone, especially steelheadz, for their help with my problem. i got the tsb from eautorepair.net for 13.00, and it turns out to be an easy wiring fix for 05&06 wranglers 2.4 & 4.0. if anyone else needs this tsb let me know. thank you, john

Back