what are some of the little things you have done

YuriSouder

I am in college and do not have that much money to throw at my jeep right now; however I do have time. I want to know some of the little things you guys have done to your jeeps. The small details that truly make your jeep different and your own. all i have right now is $300 and i want to rhino line my floor(i took out the carpet).

installed a rear view mirror from a Camaro, adds lights to the front of the jeep when the soft top is on and map lights. (currently selling mine) cost me $20 at a junk yard

Built this couple years ago
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Marine grade switches for my OBA, rock lights, and one for a set of lights. 12 volt on the side, three guages, one for cyl head temp, one for transmission temp but it's in the tcase from back when I actually drove this on the street, and one is a air/fuel ratio guage.

I took the guages out and put them into my tow rig last year, will replace them when I get some dinero.

OBA (old pics)
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

cost me less than $100 all junk yard parts I refurbished.. (ps looks nothing like this any more)

weld-on bead locks, around $180 shipped to my door
S1031715-1.jpg

Made this for just a couple bucks, my own version of a insta-trunk
cl9-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a couple things to my CJ

1) Rattle Canned the Rusty Rims Black $5.00
2) Changed out the faded tail lights for (euro?) ones that were a little different it completly changed the back end look and the amount of light they put out helps a lot.
3. New Tire Cover the one on there was growing things.

Iv done a few things over time,but most recently have put blue led in my dash and painted my rims and added rocker panel protection, shift knob.

painted rims and rocker panel

00340-2.jpg

dash lights

01018-3.jpg

shift knob
01614-3.jpg

Hey "johnny". Where did you get your in/out fittings for your york? What are they from?

Sorry for the hi-jack

I had two superball bouncy balls that I drilled with a drill press and stuck on my shifters.
I also made a square tube bumper for around 70 or so.
After the important stuff, I'm going to attempt to make a bikini top out of an old trampoline and tie down straps. I think it should work especially since it is stretchy.
I was missing my turn signal handle, so I found a computer chair with a little lever cover and it fits perfect on my handle.

Some Minor and some major work. The seats are from a junkyard out of a Japanese Sports car. Me and my Wife worked on the leather upholstery. The seats were $50.00 for the pair. The Side and Corner Guards was the Thickest i could find for $350.00 a sheet. i did all the cuts and muscle work to shape the corners. The Spare tire Holder and Swing arm was replicated from the Stock. Built out of a 1/4 inch 1.5 square tube. The Steering Wheel is a wood GT Grant with a Suicide knob that's reversible.(Offroad use only)..The soft top is from a 2004 Rubicon. I fabricated the rear tub channel brackets and cut about 2 inches from the header section of the soft top. took it to a local upholstery shop to get the header channel professionally stitched, $20.00..

Attachments

• Jeep Pics 005.jpg
    Jeep Pics 005.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 141
  • Jeep Pics 006.jpg
    Jeep Pics 006.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I see you have the same year YJ as I do. Don't know if you've done it or not but one of the cheapest mods that I've done is the gas tank filler adjustment to turn it from the 15 gal. tank to a 20. I also moved the filler location from behind the license plate to the side, TJ style.

how about some swaybar disconnects? They are easy and cheap, and make offroading alot nicer.

Back