Thread: Snorkel for tj

franklola is offline Junior Member

Snorkel for tj

Does anyone know if you can buy a snorkel for a 2001 2.5l tj? All the ones I have searched are made for the 4.0l.
    Thanks for any help

pooch01tj is offline Member

Re: Snorkel for tj

Im sure you could modify a 4.0 one to work

xt master is offline Senior Member

I did some research and found some for a 2.5l Diesel.Not sure how diffrent they are

jfrabat is offline Senior Member

I am not sure on the TJ, but I am pretty sure it is the same as the YJ, where the 4.0L and 2.5L use the same snorkel (they both use the same airbox, and the TB are interchangeable).

My Safari Snorkel is the same part number for both 2.5L and 4.0L...

'94 YJ 2.5L, Sperwinch EPi 9.0, RE 4" Std Lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shafts, Alloy Axles, ARB Lockers, 4.88 gears, 62mm TB & Spacer, 165A Alternator, Griffin 3" Aluminum Rad, Taurus e-fan w/ DC Controller, Borla Cat-Back, Flowmaster hiflow cat, PD Ignition, 19# injectors, Adj. FPR (42PSI), MOPAR cam, Safari Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2, 15" AR wheels, Xenon H4 lights, KC Daylighters & Slimlites, Sony sound, Pavement Ends Targa Top, Hanson Front Bumper, JCR Offroad rear, AtoZ Rockers, Rhino lined Tub.

Turbogus is offline Senior Member

Remembering the days of my service in Uncle Sams Misguided Children (read USMC) Out M 151's had a fording kit as Marines specialize in beach landings. Had a snorkel not only for the intake, but for the exhaust as well. The puzzling this is the tops of these snorkels were about 6 inches over the driver's head.
    The procedure for getting off LST's?
    1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3
    2. Pull out the hand throttle matching main throttle cable extension
    3. Stand on the door rail while holding your head above water, steering with your right hand.
    ...trouble was, more often than not, my Jeep found a hole in the beach approach ~glub glub~
    Last edited by Turbogus; 07-23-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

HiHood is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turbogus View Post
    Remembering the days of my service in Uncle Sams Misguided Children (read USMC) Out M 151's had a fording kit as Marines specialize in beach landings. Had a snorkel not only for the intake, but for the exhaust as well. The puzzling this is the tops of these snorkels were about 6 inches over the driver's head.
    1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3
    3. Stand on the door rail while holding your head above water, steering with your right hand.
    ...trouble was, more often than not, my Jeep found a hole in the beach approach ~glub glub~

This is precisely why I never enlisted in the marines

Hah~!
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

HiHood is offline Senior Member

Hah~!

Let there be no mistake . . . I have nothing but appreciation,respect and gratitude for the BEST amphibious force in the world, the United States Marines, bar none.

Not to worry, since I finished my tour on a Naval Air Station, I've heard ALL the jokes about the Marines, just water off our backs :)

1. Push the foot throttle down about 1/3 to 1/2