what check engine light?

ODAX

duplicate post ......sorry trying to figure out this format. my question was regarding jokers reply to jeepgirls post about check engine light. went out to check my emission system and cant get the check engine light to come on at all. am i missing something or do i have a more serious problem. ..........also has anyone ever heard of a JEEP ICON ? if so did they ever make it to production?

odax.......

89 yj stock till the weekend......

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ODAX, the check codes posted work for '91-'95 YJs. Some TJs use a similar code that displays on the odometer. I'm not sure that there is a self-diagnostic on the earlier model YJs.[addsig]

If I'm reading this right, which I'm probably not, you can't get the check engine to turn on. The check engine light only comes on when something is wrong. There is no way to check it without something going bad like an O2 sensor, map sensor, etc.[addsig]

ok, great .i think. thanks joker . is there anyway i can find iut about this? sorta new to jeeps. this is a totally different animal to anything i have worked on in the past.thanks for your help.

odax....
image-missing.png
[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>If I'm reading this right, which I'm probably not, you can't get the check engine to turn on. The check engine light only comes on when something is wrong. There is no way to check it without something going bad like an O2 sensor, map sensor, etc.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Shouldn't it come on when you first turn the ignition on when it does a light test and lights all the lights up? Then after a few seconds go off? I know mine does. (95 YJ) Maybe his light is burned out?[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Shouldn't it come on when you first turn the ignition on when it does a light test and lights all the lights up? Then after a few seconds go off? I know mine does. (95 YJ) Maybe his light is burned out?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine does the same thing, but you can't check out your emissions system. As you said it's just a test.[addsig]

Back