Need measurements

Lee3333

Official Supporter
Hi, I need help. I have a custom roll cage in my 1989 Wrangler. I would like to get a cover for the back, but don't know how close to factory my new bars are. I believe the overall dimensions are the same for all YJ's with the only difference being the newer ones have the family bar in the rear. I would like to get the specs on where the old style and new style bars fit. All I need is how far they are from the side and the back (just measure from the outside of the bar to the outside of the car). I need both the main hoop and the back support bars. Then I can figure out whether the old or new style will work for me.

My ultimate goal is to be able to seal the back seat area, then I just need to cover the cab at night to protect it from rain, etc. I cant get anybody to sit back there anyways!

I have a roll bar out of a 93 yj but it's not in the jeep currently. I could get you some measurements off of the bar it's self width, height etc. if that would help.

I have a roll bar out of a 93 yj but it's not in the jeep currently. I could get you some measurements off of the bar it's self width, height etc. if that would help.

Thanks but it wont help. I need to see where the bars sit in relation to the sides and back of the Jeep so I can see how it compares to my roll cage. Then I will be able to tell if the holes in the cover would fit my set up.

does your current cage mount in the same location as the factory cage? pics of what you desire measurement wise would be helpful too.

Back