New headlights.

Trailmaster

Just swapped out the old school sealed lights with a new style set from rampage, very easy swap, just need to wait till dark to see how much of difference they make.

Some before and after pics would have been cool. Post "after" pics anyway, if you can. Let us know how the new lights compare to the stockers on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no noticeable change and 10 being double the illumination (of course, in your opinion).

My old, tired eyes are always looking for reasonably priced ways to turn darkness into daylight.

I swapped my stock sealed units with the H4 conversion by Hella, put in some PIAA, and on a scale from 1-10...they were better by an 11

Here's a quick shot for now, they look a lot like the ones in the JK.

Attachments

• image-698590210.png
    image-698590210.png
    725.5 KB · Views: 311

I agree with Midnight, those fluted lenses of the Hellas are just great, go figure those Germans and their technical prowess of optics has been world class since before WWII.
I run Hellas on my van too "Easy Bake"

5801885688_3865776141_z-1.jpg

and when I upgraded the entire lighting circuit in the van the difference was incredible. As I recall stock wiring was 18 gauge so I went with 10 gauge from the power source, through one 60 amp relay for each side and new sockets for the H4 bulbs, 190/110 Properly Aimed so's not to blind oncoming traffic. Before this, I was considering adding auxilliary lighting but the amount of light this conversion puts on the road is viewable from the ISS. I went with the Hella shells on my Jeep, but kept the wattage down as it seems high output H4 bulbs are traditionally fragile in respect to the filaments. Using Wagner H4's 190/110 I go through a bulb about every 18-24 months in "Easy Bake".

Finally had her out in the dark a few time with the new lights, huge difference I give them a 10, and that's not even with piaa's in them yet, just the standard bulb they came with.

Thats great! It does make a huge difference ! Wait till you get the Piaa bulbs in, you'll be able to see through the bush for miles lol :)

I also did the upgrade last year, I went with Silverstar Ultras, there 4200K bulb, the brightest H4 bulb you can put in. The difference was like night and day.

I've been doing a lot of reading about the headlight upgrades and think I would like to get a set. Are they going to produce as much light as a couple off road lights mounted up on the windsheild posts? If I can get away with it I will just do headlight upgrades for now but I don't want to skimp on light on the trail in the dark as it is hunting season now but I can't afford to do both right now. Any feedback?

P.S. I could have bought them all before I had to get the transmission rebuilt, but it moves alot better now. LOL

Those are what I'm thinking of getting. Looking at the KC version. The description claims DOT legal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Those are the ones I have, super easy to install and it's a night and day difference, lights up everything, I can see deer on the side of the road real easy now.

Back