Thread: Love junk yards

blackcj is offline Member

Love junk yards

Picked up a a York 210 and and ford Taurus fan for under $60 for both. Can't wait for on board air and a new fan to keep the old girl cool. Anyone have a good step by step and pics on how to wire the fan ?

Love junk yards-image-2382314551.jpg

insufficient funds is offline Senior Member
    I know there is some cheap do it you your self wiring and relay diagrams out there but for me I hate wiring. I went down to the auto parts store and bought a Hayden eletric fan contoller with harness. Had the thermostat probe relays in fuse relays all wired in and easly color coated diagram that matches the Taurus fan. Just butt wired a few wires and a switch to shut off(deep water) and fired right up. Had this on my yj for a few years now never had an issue with it. Also had a adjust ment on it that you can adjust when the fan turns off and on at certain degrees. it was super simple no headache and I think it only cost me about 35 bucks.
    95 yj 2.5 power house SOA, procomp 2.5 lift springs, 2” BL, 36x13.50 toyo mts. Locked front Spartan locker, Rear LSD rebuilt packs 80% locked, ford 8.8 rear axle w/ discs, 4.10s , efan mod, k&n intake, 4.ot tb, weighted fly wheel, custom built front and rear bumpers, warn winch, 5k HIDS, led tail lights, Currie SYE, Tom Woods CV drive shaft,

blackcj is offline Member
    Wicked i hate doing electrical. Thanks

jfrabat is offline Senior Member

Re: Love junk yards

For the fan, this is what I used:

40A MaxiFuse close to the battery
    thick wiring (cant remember if it was 8G, but I think it was)
    35A Bosch relay
    I wired the fan to the low speed side of the fan

In my case, i used a 3 position switch, so that I have ON, OFF or AUTO, in which AUTO activates the Delta Current Control box which controls the fan speed according to radiator temperature (and turns the fan in slow speed when I turn the fan on). The box is connected to the HIGH speed side of the fan, so there is no interference from the relay.

Felipe

'94 YJ 2.5L, Sperwinch EPi 9.0, RE 4" Std Lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shafts, Alloy Axles, ARB Lockers, 4.88 gears, 62mm TB & Spacer, 165A Alternator, Griffin 3" Aluminum Rad, Taurus e-fan w/ DC Controller, Borla Cat-Back, Flowmaster hiflow cat, PD Ignition, 19# injectors, Adj. FPR (42PSI), MOPAR cam, Safari Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2, 15" AR wheels, Xenon H4 lights, KC Daylighters & Slimlites, Sony sound, Pavement Ends Targa Top, Hanson Front Bumper, JCR Offroad rear, AtoZ Rockers, Rhino lined Tub.