Manual Choke is loose

dparish

My manual choke is loose. It seems to pop out on it's own about a 1/4 of an inch and the last time I was off road the choke pulled out nearly an inch.

I've got a Holley 2300 2 barrel carb (model 4412-5) anyone know what's loose and where? I poked around and the choke cable seems tight and isn't slipping.

-Dave

When you take the cover off, how easily does the flap move

If I understand what you are saying, your cable is pulling the choke closed some while driving, offroad or on?? If so, is there any slack in the choke cable from the firewall to the carb? if its kinda tight then the engine movement from the torque of being under load on road, and frame flex when off road will cause the cable to pull on the choke. I installed my choke cable this way thinking it would make for a cleaner looking engine bay and I deal with this same issue. It becomes a pain to keep opening the choke back up. Only fix I know is to replace the cable and leave some slack for frame flex and engine movement. You can try to loosen the cable at the carb and try to get an inch or so of slack out of it, that may help some but may not be enough.

Back