Things to address while doing a YJ lift!!!

RichardSavage

Well guys as you've seen by my previous threads, I just put a 4.5" Rough Country lift in my 93 Wrangler. I ran into a few issues but nothing I couldn't address without your guys' help. Just want to throw out to everyone who is going to be lifting their YJ that you should really make sure you have all of the stuff to do your brake lines. I went with the option to replace all of them, that is what recommend and then no worries for a longggggg time. Also make sure you can shift into all gears and in and out of 4 wheel. I had to remove the shift boot and trim the metal back about a half inch on the drivers side and back. After doing the transfer case drop I had major issues getting into 2nd and 4th and also got stuck in 4hi until I figured it out. Just some notes for you guys!!!

I actually had to cut the metal back almost and inch on the t-case lever side and bend the channel that guides the lever. I suggest removing the shift boot when doing the t-case drop because I thing that when I Installed the drop, when I lostened the bolts and the t-case was at angle, it had bent the guide or linkage while doing the install. Just take your time and pay attention to every little ting and you'll be fine. If you have to rush, you are way more likely to overlook something. There is a lot going on when you do a full lift so when you're all done and you have rubbe on the ground, after you torque your shackles, re-check EVERYTHING that you touched!!!!!!

Back