Opinion on this other software

TerryMason said:
Anything in particular that you don't like? Is it a colors thing, or more of how the moard works now?

I am a fan of space conservation. I have never found it appealing for large text areas for each member. I see it to be a lot of wasted area and a alot of scrolling to see replies. That's just my picky problems. I liked when I could see a million topics listed without having to scroll, or I could read more replies within a thread without scrolling.

I could be wrong about that too. It could be my imagination. I have been working a lot of overtime and haven't had time to look at it. Maybe I'm only guessing what I didn't like so much.

Just a minute ago, I finally found how to actually get to the forum without having to click on a recent thread and back up to the forum list. It was hiding from me. I got that resolved so I can stop crying about that one.

What I am certain of, though, is that the old software made Jeepz one of the most comfortable forums for me to be involved with, as far as visuals. I didn't like most other forums, why? Don't know. It had a very home-like feel to me that no other forum had. I know its the same forum, I might just need to take a couple days off of work to put some time in here.

Oh yeah.. quick reply... That's something I liked, being able to reply without having to click something first

i like the birthday feature :D
i dont know why, but its kinda nice to be able to wish somone a happy birthday, makes yea feel all warm inside :p lol (i know i'm a dork) but we;re all friends and friends wish friends happy birthday. now hurry up and have a birthday somone

Snitty said:
Oh yeah.. quick reply... That's something I liked, being able to reply without having to click something first
Ditto on that.....it's a real pain in the arse to try to make a quick reply now....really isn't any quicker than a regular....in fact, I think it takes longer to make a quick reply now than a regular reply. Can you do anything about that?

You just click on the "QR" button, next to quote, and it jumps you to the bottom box, and you can start typing, then you click on "post quick reply" right? one click, type, another click. I think the advantage of that button, is that if you are at the top of the thread, and click on "QR", it will shoot you to the bottom of the page.

Is that what you guys mean by quick reply?

Uh huh. But before I could do a quick reply without clicking anything.

I guess it is weird that you have to click something before you can type in that little box. I'll see if there is something I can do about it.

It's not a huge deal I guess. Though, when I reply to a thread, I'm already at the bottom from reading the last post anyway.

I just realized how lazy that makes me sound... It's no trouble to move my wrist 1/4 inch and click one button

Last edited:

Snitty said:
It's no trouble to move my wrist 1/4 inch and click one button

Heck wit dat!!! I got blisters on my blisters from clickin' little buttons!!!

There you go, I've removed the "must click QR button" thing - now you won't get carpal tunnel from moving your wrist back and forth all the time...

Whew, I'm glad you listen to all us whiney good-fer-nuthin's!!

Really, I didn't care one way or the other.....thanks, Terry, I'll quit cryin' now.

Back