Almost back...

Special_K

Hey all. I'm almost back but not quite. I'm having issues getting my broadband set up at my new (temporary) place. I REALLY LOVE the area and am kicking myself for waiting so long to move. Problem is, I have to go to Kinko's or stake out at Barnes and Noble to use the wireless "Hot Spot" connections.

One night, I'm sitting in my jeep, stopped at the curb just outside a closed B&N for over an hour around midnight using the internet (I could still get the wireless signal). The security guard stopped asked what I was doing and made me move into one of the parking spots 30 feet away....yeah, like I was impeding the hoards of people trying to get into the closed B&N at midnight. Anyway, I could still get the signal albeit a little weaker, so I didn't care.

I've been reduced to a wireless junkie. I search the city at night looking for a "hit"...any location will do...I'm not picky...I just need a little signal...just one more. And don't tell me I have a problem 'cause I can stop anytime I want.

Comcast is supposed to drop by tomorrow AM (for the 3RD time) to try to fix the cable wiring so I can hopefully get broadband at home.

Breaker 1-9. I'm still in Atlanta, but I've moved in-town to the Virginia-Highland area just a tad (5 mins) east of Downtown.

They bust people all the time for stealing cable and satellite. Lookout, they will be after you next cause people get ill when somebody gets something for free.

My internet connection finally works like it should so I'm kindof back for real this time...until I move again. :)

Back