Another mod added to the YJ!

Last week I got a Ram Air Induction Scoop for the YJ from 4wd.com. Had it installed within 10 minutes of the time the FedEx guy dropped it on the porch. Not only does it look cool, but also works great! I'd say it increased the airflow through the vents by more than 100%. It forces so much air in through the vents now that there has been all kinds of trash and debris flying around inside the Jeep for the past few days that had been under the seats for a few months!!

I'd highly recommend it to anyone for only $26.95!

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetail.asp?model=tj&productsku=57001

no extra air is forced through right? if i got my fans and whatever off no air is comming through right?

I'm assumin' from the link that it just boosts whatever air you get stock, is that right? So I'm assumin' that all the shut offs, redirects, etc. still work as stock, right? Worth looking into - thanks Sparky.

I was thinking of getting one for the winter so that the snow doesn't clogg the air intake! cause my heater sucks when that happens!

Which way did you install it? Do the windshield squirts still work?

Jules

When I have the controls set to "vent", it really makes the air flow great. I've got it mounted with the openings facing the windshield as the directions said. Yeah, it's low enough that it doesn't interfere with the windshield washers. Everything still works the same as stock, just much, much better airflow. It simply screws on over the existing vent using the same screw holes.

It will help keep mud and snow from clogging the intake up there so that your heater will work better, too.

Back