sHotWheels is offline Junior Member

Re: Hi & Help w/ yj wiring

Just kinda curious. When you go what do you bring? better yet, what would your 'survival tool kit' consist of?

Junkpile is offline Senior Member
    First aid kit of course. Jug of water, some oil, 3/8 socket set, Torx bits for 3/8 ratchet, open end/box end wrenches, a couple of screwdrivers, some small vise grips, duct tape, electrical tape.....to be honest, I can't remember it all. I've got a little plastic tote box full of my wheeling tools.
    America: the land of the free, because of the brave. Please support our troops.

LadyJeepFreak is offline Senior Member
    First aid kit here also + fire extinguisher + CB. Oil, various tools (in a set), a couple of wrenches, a knife, a flashlight, gloves, shovel, tape, I'm sure there's a screwdriver in there somewhere.
    I have many addictions.. I mean hobbies!

88Wrangles is offline Senior Member
    I bring a TON of stuff. I usually carry 4 good size tool boxes filled with tools, oil (and all other fluids) water, CB, fire extinguisher, spare tires, spare axle shafts, drive lines, u-joints, and all kinds of other odds and ends.

Craig is offline Senior Member
    I carry a fire extinguisher, CB radio, socket set, knife, duct tape, crazy glue (works great on blown coolant hoses), couple of screwdrivers of each type, roll of wiring, electrical tape, 30 foot tow strap, shovel and a hi-lift. Oh ya, I also sometimes carry my girlfriend so she can push when I get stuck...she says she's my wench in place of a winch.

TwistedCU is offline Senior Member
    THis is what I'm carrying for tomorrow:
    Fire extinguisher, Hi-lift jack, straps, shackles, alot of hand tools (3/8" & 1/2" sockets,1/2" breaker bar, sae/metric combination wrenches, BFH, and other stuff), PB Blaster, oil, brake fluid, water, jumper cables, and a big bag of "Deltec" zip ties (the phone-man's duct tape :wink: ).

I need a first aid kit and a CB.
    [edit] I almost forgot - my handheld GPS (Etrex Legend with metroguide software)

mingez is offline Senior Member

RE: Happy New Year JEEPZ!

Bottle of Stetson, rayon shirt, matching belt and shoes, gel, hairspray, mouse, comb, gold chains, a pack of Winstons, condoms, and a copy of Haddaway's: "What is Love?"

Currently own a 98 XJ bone stock, but click Here: For pics of my TJ and old XJ.

mud4feet is offline Senior Member

Re: RE: Re: Step into the Wayback Machine with me.....

Quote Originally Posted by mingez
    Bottle of Stetson, rayon shirt, matching belt and shoes, gel, hairspray, mouse, comb, gold chains, a pack of Winstons, condoms, and a copy of Haddaway's: "What is Love?"
    Sounds like some pretty dangerous territory, Mingez!! Better be careful out there!!
    Just Enjoy Every Possibility!

White is offline Senior Member
    Everything I need, The forest already has.

88Wrangles is offline Senior Member

I installed my grille guard!

Quote Originally Posted by White

Don't be calling me when you break down or get stuck

currupt4130 is offline VT Hokie

RE: Re: RE: so if i add..

i have a quart or liter of every fluid i need and gallon of 50/50, a full tool box with every tool that ive had to use on my jeep before or on anyone elses, my cb, fire exting., first aid kit, hi lift, 4lb maul, a hatchet, extra spark plugs and a spark plug wire, an extra distributor cap, wd 40, a mag light, a 6inch ka-baar knife wedged between my seat and center console and as much music as possible
    06 VW (hardcore crawler)

"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

jps4jeep is offline Moderator
    If you have no room in your rig, carry a cell phone and the AAA number! hehe

I too carry a lot of tools, more than I think I will ever need!
    Also, I carry spare rear axle, u-joints, oil, atf, spray lube, belts, 110 inverter, drop light, blanket, grease gun, and so much more!
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-

beantown is offline Member
    I will toss in a few screw drivers, duct tape, some box wrenches, duct tape, vise grips, socket set, duct tape, flashlight, oil, duct tape, framing hammer (hey you never know), duct tape, torx set, and a different color roll of duct tape, in case I am in a two tone mood!

IF YOU CAN'T DUCK IT F#CK IT!

beantown is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Wrangles
    Quote Originally Posted by White

Don't be calling me when you break down or get stuck

C'mon 88, you never whittled your own axle shaft out of some of that fine doug fir we got? Rund some of that clean Willamette H2o through the brake lines?

Wait....... maybe thats why my rig runs like sh*t !!!!

graewulf is offline Senior Member
    First Aid kit (a real one, not a walmart special), fire extinguisher, fully stocked tool box (1/2" and 3/8" drive, wrehcnes, hammer, torx an hex sockets, breaker bar, etc), flashlight, trash bags, jumpers
    When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

1995 Grand Cherokee w/ swaybar disconnects and 30" tires and a 2000 Grand Cherokee stock.

Saurian is offline Senior Member
    Need to get some proper tools in the Jeep, right now, I've my flashlight, jumper cables, couple screwdrivers, partial socket set, some spare wire of various gauges and lengths, duct tape, other odds and ends under the seat... Keep the axe, hatchet, woodpick, shovel, and snow-scraper bungeed in the cargo area...

Oh yeah, and spare bungees that I got for Christmas, because my mom was getting sick of hearing things slide all over the place when I made a turn... Useful for many applications, really...

the feeling's forever...

Sully is offline Senior Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Test your subconscience!

Screws drivers, adjustable wrench, flashlight, cross wrench, jack, plugs and plug wires, fuses, a 20 something year old first aid kit that came with the jeep, jumpers, this real nice knife that turns into all these usefull tools, and plenty of duct tape.