Fire extinguisher

YJTino

Just wanted to say...

Hi guys, I going to Ocala Forest with the Orlando Jeep Club this Sunday. First time going off-road with an organization. They do require some basic for the trail ride and one off them is a fire extinguisher. I bought one at Target but could find any bracket to hook it up to the roll bar on my Jeep. Where could I buy one or how to make one?

Thanks a bunch.

use a couple radiator clamps around the roll bar, a straight metal plate & acouuple more rad clamps around the bottle.

there are ways to mount it so that it is easily released in an emergency, just trial & error

RE: Transfercase rattle on a 99 TJ

Most extinquishers have a small mnt with them...like shot said...hose clamps work well...that how mine is mounted.

RE: "Status", post counts, and problems therein...

I just used to bungy cords with mine, and it comes out quickly if needed.

RE: Lady Jeep Freak, check out my dear!

i thought i posted some smart aleck remark in here, but alas, i did not, so i might as well try to be constructive instead. do you have a center console? i mean, its always good to have one, but hopefully you're not going to be needing the fire extinguisher. bungie cords are a quick fix, or just throw it in some compartment or make your navigator hold it :wink: until you find a bracket that you'd like to use permanently

Terry-- Polls? Seeing double.

bchcky said:
i thought i posted some smart aleck remark in here, but alas, i did not, so i might as well try to be constructive instead. do you have a center console? i mean, its always good to have one, but hopefully you're not going to be needing the fire extinguisher. bungie cords are a quick fix, or just throw it in some compartment or make your navigator hold it :wink: until you find a bracket that you'd like to use permanently

I like the navigator solution... :lol: :lol: :lol: I found one with a metal quick release at Grainger for $7. Did order it and will let you know if it worked... :roll:

Thanks

BTW - Have fun out in Ocala......got my Jeep muddy there a couple times before I moved! Best part of Florida, IMHO.

RE: Re: RE: "Status", post counts, and problems th

Litle late now but I used velcro straps to hang mine on the roll bars. tug

Back