I'm Ebaying my Soft Top Hardware need pricing help

mingez

RE: new purchase

Okay, you all remember the Jerk Brian Lucero, who sold me my Soft Top, with supposedly all hardware complete, but ended up stiffing me on the deal.

I'm going to attempt to recoup my costs on that transaction gone bad.

So, I'm selling the soft top, and the hardware on ebay. But this post is about the hardware specifically. First of all, what would you call the pieces I'm selling..."Bows", "Soft top frame," what's the EXACT jargon?"

Secondly, what do you think I should sell em for. What would you set the reserve at? No reserve?

Click the Thumbnails:

Lastly, look at the pic of my buddy Davis and his friend Kane at Turkey camp. They found a Tumbleweed 8+ ft. (it's on it's side to show roots) Davis is 6'4"! Only one Turkey bagged, but one HUGE tumbleweed.

The frame is made up of bows. I'd just call it the frame.

And what the heck is a tumbleweed exactly? Is it a weed, is it alive? Hmmmm, always wondered.

RE: I

south442 said:
The frame is made up of bows. I'd just call it the frame.

Okay, but I'll have to call it an "Incomplete frame" becuase it doesn't have EVERTHING necessary in order to install the soft top. "incomplete" however, has a negative connotation. Any other ideas on what exactly to call it?

And what the heck is a tumbleweed exactly? Is it a weed, is it alive? Hmmmm, always wondered.
A tumbleweed is a weed, and it's alive, until it detaches. It perpetuates the species by detaching, rolling around, and spreading it's seed. Sometimes tumbleweed will combine with others, and form a large weed. But the one in the pic is from a single root, which make that the biggest one I've ever seen.
It's actually Eurasian in origin, and has been called "Russain Thistle" or "Ural Celery" by some. It seems to have a lot of different names.

Hosting video for free

That's one BIG tumbleweed!!

As for the top, I'd just say something like "Jeep soft top frame and hardware"....and then make it clear in the "ad" what exactly is not included.

Just don't underestimate shipping. I sold one of those on e-bay once and had the hardest time finding a someone who would ship it. I ended up using FedEx ground but I had to stretchwrap the frame and ship it like that and it still cost a decent amount (I forget exactly how much...maybe around $20 or $30 bucks). If you box it, the box will be too big for most low cost shippers.

Re: RE: oil

If it is complete, just say "Complete TJ top including bow assembly and all hardware needed".

RE: Gazelle Rescue...Check it Out

wow thats a huge weed!!! dont see many of those here in the city hehe

Back