Newb here. Need help on my soft top please...

FishJeep

Hey guys. I just purchased my first jeep and am totally stoked on it. She came with the hard top and soft top but unfortunately I didnt have the girl who sold me the car show me how to put the soft top on (thought I could figure it out myself..., Ha!). Anyway, I have all the hardware sitting out and staring at it for an hour just doesnt work. Was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere I could look online for 'softtop for dummies instructions'. Ive looked everywhere I can think of and have come up with zero. Ill certainly appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

Would this help?
INSTALLATION

1. Position the top on the vehicle.
  2. Install the screws attaching the roof bows to the pivot bracket. (The front bow is attached to the pivot bracket on the upper outward location).
  3. Raise the top.
  4. Position latch in windshield frame.
  5. Install the quarter windows.
  6. Working from front to rear, engage the J-straps attaching the quarter window to the body.
  7. Install rear window.
  8. Engage drip rail retainers above door opening frame.
  9. Working from front to rear, engage J-straps at soft top rear corners.
  10. Engage the retainers attaching the rear window to the body.
  11. Close latch at windshield frame

Attachments

• soft top.gif
    soft top.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 4,983
  • soft top.gif 2.gif
    soft top.gif 2.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,573
Kinda sorta. It looks like my frame is a little different from the one in the diagram. It'd be nice if it were a little more specific. Im sure its simple once you figure it out, but looking at it now, its like a foreign language. Thanks though, hopefully I figure this out.

Back