Christmas Pets

NiteDog

Think twice before you give a pet for Christmas. Many end up at the SPCA after the holidays. This has been a public service announcement!

image-missing.png

haha good photoshop work, whoever did it...

Looks like the wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law before the regular morning spacaling prior to getting set for the day. Turkey or geese make a good pet, you can eat them if the kids loose interest in them.......

And now, I am pround to announce....
our new NASCAR mascot's:

image-missing.png

I can't wait till easter when all of the feed stores sell painted baby chickens for the kids to play with....

90Xjay said:
when all of the feed stores sell ....

Where in the world do you live that has feed stores? Mayberry? (no offense intended, I've just never seen one.)

90Xjay said:
I can't wait till easter when all of the feed stores sell painted baby chickens for the kids to play with....

As much as the politics of the organization bother me, it's people and businesses like those feed stores that make me turn a blind eye when PETA throws bricks through their front windows. What the hell is wrong with parents and kids when they think it's fun to abuse and torture animals and then cast them aside?.....and that's what happens to most of the animals used in those stupid promotions. I'm glad to see that type of thing not happening around my area anymore.

TerryMason said:
Where in the world do you live that has feed stores? Mayberry? (no offense intended, I've just never seen one.)

Well Mr. City Slicker:rolleyes:
When you live in an area that produces corn, wheat, cotton, cattle etc. there are businesses that sell feed and fertilizer to the farms and ranches..
I can't believe that you have never seen a feed store before. I bet you have on a trip though a rural area, and just did not pay attention. 8)

Junkpile said:
As much as the politics of the organization bother me, it's people and businesses like those feed stores that make me turn a blind eye when PETA throws bricks through their front windows. What the hell is wrong with parents and kids when they think it's fun to abuse and torture animals and then cast them aside?.....and that's what happens to most of the animals used in those stupid promotions. I'm glad to see that type of thing not happening around my area anymore.

I don't know if it still happens as often as it used to but yeah, I have seen stores sell baby chicks, sometimes dyed different colors, on Easter, and these parents come in and buy them for the kid's amusment. :?
Baby chickens don't take a bunch of handling well.
I don't think it's cruel as much as it is a shame and waste.

TerryMason said:

I know how you feel... it's strange indeed to city folk beacause it's so not part of our culture.
It's kinda like when a country guy see's the inside of a Starbucks for the first time, and scratches his head. 4 dollar coffee??!!! Wifi??? :purple:

90Xjay said:
Well Mr. City Slicker:rolleyes:
When you live in an area that produces corn, wheat, cotton, cattle etc. there are businesses that sell feed and fertilizer to the farms and ranches..
I can't believe that you have never seen a feed store before. I bet you have on a trip though a rural area, and just did not pay attention. 8)

yeah, I recon them critters gotta eat too. We've got a petco down the street - I'm sure it's about the same thing :p

I've probably seen one sometime. I grew up in Virginia (and live there now), there are some pretty rural parts around here too.

Feed stores are more common around here than convenience stores. I bet you'd have a cow (if you knew what a cow was) to drive down our main street and have to pull over for a combine that takes up both lanes of the road or see a half dozen tractors parked along main street while the farmers get their groceries, drink coffee with the other farmers, or do their banking. Believe it or not, it's still not unusual to see a bunch of sheep or a herd of cattle being driven through town from one pasture to another (not in trucks, on their hooves), although it doesn't happen near as often as it used to.

mingez said:
It's kinda like when a country guy see's the inside of a Starbucks for the first time, and scratches his head. 4 dollar coffee??!!! Wifi??? :purple:

Actually we have in our town of Abilene, Texas pop 125K +, 6 major feed/ranch stores, 2 starbucks, 4 other coffee shops with WiFi, and at least one docor that does acupuncture, 3 put put golf courses, 2 full size golf courses, and they manage to pick up the trash pretty regular.8) 8) 8) 8)

Well I'm proud to say my dog has all her teeth, and in Bel Air, MD where I did most of my growing up we have both a feed store and at least one Starbucks. I can say the same for our new home here in York County.

As for those "summer teeth" havin' dogs, they look like potential NHL draftees to me ;)

Well, duhh... you don't live enough in the country. You are in a "Transitional" town. Small enough for a feedstore, big enough for a Starbucks. I live in one as well. Las Cruces NM, only one Starbucks, and several feedstores.

But, at one time there wasn't a Starbucks here..and I'm sure many a reaction were like I suggested when one is first exposed to the virus that is Starbucks.

But how many towns of 30 thousand or less have a Starbucks?
How many cities of 3 million or more have feed stores?

These are the two scenarios in which I'm talking.

Hey, I just heard that Starbucks is going to open a chain of feed stores:) :)

Feed stores? The overly large Denver Metropolitan area is full of them. Hardly anything in the city that needs feed anymore, but what can you do? Old habits are hard to break, I guess...

Back