Why Jeeps are better than hummers...

At the end of the second vid it had a link to a hummer schooling a d90 on a rocky slope type thing. So if jeep is better than hummer, and hummer is better than d90, then jeep is better than d90! I forget which property of math this is but it works for me. I stumbled across a d90 forum that was talking bad about wranglers saying a built wrangler only matches what a stock d90 can do but with my intuitive skills i have proven them wrong.:twisted:

90Xjay said:
H2's are notorious for poping front CV shafts aren't they?

I thought it was the tierod...I know they are notorious for breaking something by the front end at least. I once drove by a crashed H2 where the entire front wheel/hub/axle had broken off the truck; not very sturdy trucks at all.

Last edited:
Its the tie rod, and ya'll need to get over your "My Jeep can go places an H2 can't" ordeal, most people quit this years ago...

currupt4130 said:
Its the tie rod, and ya'll need to get over your "My Jeep can go places an H2 can't" ordeal, most people quit this years ago...

It's still fun though, and these clips show how Jeeps are better than Humvees, too ;)

Last edited:
Yeaaah, I'm not saying Hummers are better by any means, but when I watch these videos, I see built Jeeps outperforming a stock Hummer who picked a bad line to begin with. There are plenty of videos out there of people doing stupid stuff in their Jeeps too. If we're gonna bash Hummers, let's do it with the facts. Call me a Hummer sympathist, but I am kinda getting tired of it as well . . . . but I did get a kick outa those videos. Lol.

Hummer, d90, 4runner, civic. I don't care as long as they're out playin in the mud with me. Ok maybe i do care about the civic, but it's all fun and games. If a hummer owner said he knew a mud hole i'd be there in a heartbeat.

red93 said:
If a hummer owner said he knew a mud hole i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Exactly--you would know he will be needing a Jeep there to tow him out!

In reality though, yes, the hummer driver's skill and vehicle mods are playing a big part in how badly they embarass themselves in these clips, but every now and then we need to overlook the details and playfully rip on our hummer, toyota, D90, etc. toting friends. Yes, it's immature, but we all know it's just good-natured raillery...nothing to be taken seriously, just something we can laugh at.

Oh, that deer in my avatar? Funny you should ask; I think he is, um, (cough) sitting down...(cough)...

Wow, and to think I was considering getting out of Jeeping and buying a used H2. Do you guys think I should reconsider?

Well, I've had a Jeep for exactly 5 years this week, but the first true off-road vehicle I drove was a Hummer. I had that POS burried in some pretty sick stuff that I know my Jeep wouldn't be able to get out of and the Hummer just drove right out. It's all about the driver. A lot of Hummer (H1,H2 or H3) probably think that because they're in a Hummer they're unstopable. If they'd just learn that stuff happens to everyone no matter how much you spend on your rig then they'd probably learn to drive the right way and wouldn't get stuck in the first place. I haven't been on many trails yet, but the ones I have been on were bad enough to get me hung up a few times. I know if I was driving my old HUMMV I could've drove right thru it.

Lets not forget that hummers come stock with lockers, so comparing them to an unlocked Jeep isn't quite fair...I have seen hummers do some pretty crazy stuff, but I wouldn't be able to say that I've seen them outwheel a Jeep with lockers.

Last edited:
TwistedCopper said:
Wow, and to think I was considering getting out of Jeeping and buying a used H2. Do you guys think I should reconsider?
stay with the JP....try turnnin a H2 on a hairpin turn on the trail.....think bout that

bajabro said:
stay with the JP....try turnnin a H2 on a hairpin turn on the trail.....think bout that
I guess I should have made it clear that post was all sarcasm.

Back