Favorite food...

TwistedCU

What's yours? I don't mean desserts and snacks, I mean meals.

Mine is good old steak and a big ol' baked potato. Preferably with fresh broccoli or asparagus. On the grill of course, no matter what the weather or season ;)

We had some fine delmonicos this evening. I can hardly walk.

Okay... desserts too... ice cream for me, Carmen's "Blueberry Waffle Cone" is the flavor of choice. When I can find the room a bowl is soon to follow.

Life is good.

Surf and Turf: Start of with some creamy onion soup. Then a Fillet wrapped in bacon, baked potato w/ butter & sour cream, and either a lobster tail or King crab legs with drawn butter...Yummy ! Then for dessert a Piece of Fig & Date cake w/ Toffee and Custard sauce. It just don't get any better!

Preparing for some of my wife's most excellent Chicken and Dressing for Christmas. I don't know if it is my favorite food, but has been on my mind for weeks. Girl got mad kitchen skillz.

For me its a sardine sandwich on day old raison bread and a big bowl of cold chili with extra onions and wash it all down with a tuna-fish malt and for desert... some liver ice cream and a big cup of onion coffee.:purple: :purple: :purple:

OK nuff of that...
I really like a big steak, ribeye, with a large baked sweet potato, cold ceasar salad and new york cheesecake for desert with some stout coffee with cream.

Last edited:
French onion soup, followed by a very very tender filet mignon or pork tenderloin with baked potato (bacon bits, butter, chives, cheese, and salt and pepper on it), and cheese cake for desert.

That or a big juicy BBQ bacon cheeseburger.

I'm gonna have to go with BBQ steak and chicken with a stuffed baked potato, prawns, scallops and crab legs with garlic butter.

My favorite food is whatever I run over that day on my way home. Usually possum. LOL, I love Beef, but I gotta go with
Grilled Pork chops. Dont really care if I have anything else with it, but corn or greens can compliment. Oh, and you can't forget a daily vitamin, like Beer. Must have beer as the closure, then everything is peaceful in the world.

I like a ton of things, all so good I feel compelled to list them all. Some of you might think these to be exotic, but they really aren't...not to me. My mouth is drooling just thinking about my list.

This list is in no particular order. :D

1. Ikura.
image-missing.png

It's sushi, and yes it's just like the jar of fireballs you go fishing with. Salmon Roe caviar, it's more precious to me than gold. If stranded on a desert island, I'd pick this beyond anything.

2. Pho.
image-missing.png

Vietnamese Beef Noodle soup. This is just about the most filling wonderful meal on the planet. Rice noodles, veges, and beef. What's better? It's even better on cold winter days, and best served with rare beef on the side, which cooks when you steep it in the broth, just heavenly. If you can even finish a bowl at the place I go to here in Denver, you're a man's man. These bowls appeal to the most gluttenous of Americans. This is definetly the most addictive of all meals on my list, and many of my self-proclamed "Meat and Potatoes" friends have since added this dish to their favorites list.

3. New Mexican Green Chile Stew.
image-missing.png

From New Mexico, Green Chile (Especially Hatch Green Chile) is best served in a stew form. New Mexicans go thru withdrawls when we can't get our GC, and as I type this I'm twitching and thinking I need to get back home. Quick note, Chile is a pepper of some kind, and not a bowl of stew and/or beans. Only the heathens in Texas refer to Chile as such. If you ask for a bowl of chile in ABQ, you'll probably get a bowl of chopped green chiles.

4.Hot Dog w/Redhot onions and a Papaya Smoothie from Gray's Papaya.
image-missing.png

I don't know what it is about the hot onions on the hotdog and washed down with a papaya smoothie that makes it work, but it does. Some how the smoothie cleanses the palate each time you take a bite of the dog, giving you that "First bite" experience each time. Likewise, the dog seems to compliment the smoothie. I eat a minimum of 4 dogs in a setting, and crave for it nightly. (sabrett style dogs with a skin that snaps)

5. Chicken Masala.
spicy_chicken_masala_curryJPG-2.jpg

This wonderful concoction is perhaps the best smelling on my list, with an aroma that is spicy, hardy and intoxicating. Chicken marinated in spices and drowned in a curry that isn't like the curry most westerners are used to (and object to) There's no distracting coconut or any crap like that. THis is Indian Curry, spicy and a man's meal. You won't be disapointed that you're getting something foo foo...this most assuredly is not.

6. Prime Rib (Rare).
107082165_6efcfc8690_m-2.jpg

If your steak isn't rare you're a wuss. Meat is meant to be eaten with some life still left in it. Over cooking it kills the flavor of a steak. If it doesn't twitch and moo as I stab it with my fork, get me another piece of meat.

7. Dungeness Crab from Fisherman's Wharf
fishermans_wharf_crab_stand-2.jpg
crabbyhagJPG-2.jpg

Mmmm...may not be the biggest crab, but the best tasting. Alaskan and snow don't have enough flavor for me, but dungeness has just enough tartness, flavor, and while small, the meat comes out in large clumps than most crab. You pick your crab, they boil it, and crack it up for you serving it in peices on a cardboard plate, with a side of (MMMmmMm) fresh, warm sourdough bread. (Drink it down with a dry chardonnay.) Couple that with the great sites, sounds, veiws, and entertainment of the Fisherman's Wharf, and you have perfection!

Is it apparent that I really like my food?

Last edited:

2. Pho.
image-missing.png

Vietnamese Beef Noodle soup. This is just about the most filling wonderful meal on the planet. Rice noodles, veges, and beef. What's better? It's even better on cold winter days, and best served with rare beef on the side, which cooks when you steep it in the broth, just heavenly. If you can even finish a bowl at the place I go to here in Denver, you're a man's man. These bowls appeal to the most gluttenous of Americans. This is definetly the most addictive of all meals on my list, and many of my self-proclamed "Meat and Potatoes" friends have since added this dish to their favorites list.

My sis-in-law is from Vietnam (has been here about 10 years now) and makes this all the time. Most excellent!!! She makes another that is similar, I think it's called "Chou" though that spelling probably isn't right. It's pronounced "Chow", and has a few more ingredients than Pho, including some peppers that are so hot you only dip a little quarter inch square cube in the soup for a few seconds then throw it out, and the soup will be so spicy you can barely eat it.

My personal favorite is a good chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, with a big pile of corn on the side. You have to have frozen corn, that canned stuff is for the birds. For dessert, a heapin' helpin' of cherry cheesecake, all washed down with strong black coffee with a dash of Bailey's Irish Cream.8)

Last edited:
Sparky said:
My personal favorite is a good chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, with a big pile of corn on the side

Your not a potato and corn mixer are you:shock:

I'm a huge fan of corn mixed into Mash potatos. MMmmmmMMm...

I'm a firm believer that no two food items are to me mixed prior to entering the stomach, with a few exceptions. ;)

Yeah, I've seen that somewhere before. That is funny stuff;)
I like the anti Peta sticker that says

"I love animals... I think they are delicious!"

Have you guys tried the bowl at KFC? Man, what a great combo of ingredients!

What's the last food on Earth you'd be willing to try?

Mine would no doubt be kim-chee. The thought of putting cabbage in the ground to rot and then eating it just sounds repulsive. When I worked at Amtrak years ago there were some guys who ate it once in a while and it stunk up the whole train yard. It literally made my stomache turn.

[edit]
On second thought I'd say it's a toss-up between that and "mountain oysters" :lol:

What's the last food on Earth you'd be willing to try?

Mine would no doubt be kim-chee. The thought of putting cabbage in the ground to rot and then eating it just sounds repulsive. When I worked at Amtrak years ago there were some guys who ate it once in a while and it stunk up the whole train yard. It literally made my stomache turn.

[edit]
On second thought I'd say it's a toss-up between that and "mountain oysters" :lol:

I've been at cookouts and watched people eat "Mountain oysters" you call them around here they call em' "calf fryes". The cowboys would cook and eat them everytime they had a branding going on. When they are batter dipped they look just like hushpuppies.:shock:
The people that ate several of them thinking they were something else were not real happy to find out what they had been eating after all.:lol:

Back